R/V? 35/36? GT-R News Thread.

hey i doubt lotus would have anthing to do with nissan....lotus is now under proton nd i really doubt proton would let nissan use lotus...there is a possibility if mitsubishi claimed lotus helped...but nissan i doubt

Lotus is still a carmaker, and carmakers outsource things to each other all the time. Lotus is a bit like Cosworth in the sense that it does a lot of work for different manufacturers. The Vauxhall/Opel VX220/Speedster was developed by Lotus and the chassis and suspension is the same as the Elise. The next GT-R will have had it's suspension tuned by Lotus. That is fact.

freakster_991 said:
hey i doubt lotus would have anthing to do with nissan....lotus is now under proton nd i really doubt proton would let nissan use lotus...there is a possibility if mitsubishi claimed lotus helped...but nissan i doubt
it's called Lotus Engineering(the other part of Group Lotus) and yes they do have a lot to do with a lot of "competing" car manufacturers...

and it works because generally car manufacturers brag about "lotus-tuned handling" which increases their and Lotus' brand image at the same time ;) plus they pay lotus a hefty sum to boot :)

^ :oops:

i will stand corrected....my bad..i forgot bout lotus engineering....hahah
its a fact lotus help tune the car...???/ proof???

Top Secret Could Not Wait For Nissan, So It Built Its Own Skyline GT-R

http://superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0505_topsecret/

i just think its gonna be the G 35 but renamed to the R 35........

SKYLINES FOR EVER w00t

EDIT watch Best Motoring Volume 12 - Skyline GT-R The Prodigy it gives info on the GTR and there best bet for the Next GT-R

Like I said: There Gonna Make hte G35 the R 35 GT-R witj all the neat things GT-Rs Have.

^ Who is? Nissan or Top Secret?? And it's still missing AWD - without that it's not a GT-R

Nissan if They Build it off of the G35...

As one rumor has it, there will be no G35 based GT-R and in fact the next GT-R will be a 36 model with the skyline based off the GT-R platform, rather than vice-verse...

meh oh well The GT-R is still A GT-R to me