R8.8 Biocat Catamaran

eLIX

Car(s)
Audi A4 Avant
Not sure if it's the correct category for this one but here goes:

(from Bo Zolland of Vizualtech.se) Design ordered from a Dubai race boat company. Will use one V10 diesel or 2 regular V-8s and will be run on bio fuel for the diesel. Boat is 8.8 meters and expected speeds are in the 100-110 MPH range. The coupe has gull wing doors for access to cockpit area.

2009-R-8-8-Biocat-Catamaran-by-Vizualtech-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

2009-R-8-8-Biocat-Catamaran-by-Vizualtech-Front-And-Side-Open-Door-1280x960.jpg

2009-R-8-8-Biocat-Catamaran-by-Vizualtech-Rear-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2009-R-8-8-Biocat-Catamaran-by-Vizualtech-Rear-Angle-Open-Door-Top-1280x960.jpg

How cool is that? :drool:

Nice! I want one.

That's kinda cool and kinda weird.

^But way more cool that weird.

I'll take one too, with the twins V8s please :D

Is there gonna be a bugatti veyron boat too? I think that every great super/hyper car needs a boat equivalent, it just makes sense! Oh, and WANT!!!!

Seems like those "sideblades" would take in an awful lot of water at 100 mph...

Wow. :eek:

I don't know what I like more... This or the C2 'Vette

Wow it seems weird because something in my brain says "Look, its an Audi R8"

But from a more objective point of view: ABSOLUTELY fantastic. They integrated the design perfectly, must be a very taltend designer.

Freaking awesome!

Now if only it could transform back into car mode once it reached land.

Let's see a Porsche version.. I wonder how they would pull off the rear-engined layout.. :p:mrgreen:

Let's see a Porsche version.. I wonder how they would pull off the rear-engined layout.. :p:mrgreen:

Both the Audi and the Corvette boats have the engine in the back.... as do most boats.

Both the Audi and the Corvette boats have the engine in the back.... as do most boats.
or, well, in the middle, considering the engine is in the same place in the r8, and the r8 is a mid-engine.

I guess rear-engined (in car terms) would mean the engine would have to be behind the props?