Race 61 - Finowfurt Rock N Race Festival 2016

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
As each year, I gathered my group of friends and we went to Race 61:
32.jpg

As usual, bands from all genres of driving music from instrumental surf to stoner rock were playing, there was a starter girl contest, races were held, but mostly, it was time to send you brain on holidays, do some daytime drinking, bbq a lot and go drunk cruising with the boys.

Sadly, the weather did not play nice. With 95+ Fahrenheit (36+ degree Celsius) in the shade, hanging around on an disused airfield in the sun was no fun at all on Friday. So we sat in the shade, drank and waited for evening to really get out and watch some cars. Saturday was equally hot before torrential downpour and thunderstorms put an end to racing. But the evenings were great, we had lots of fun and I even took some pictures!

Here's the analogue ones first:

We also learnt that it's possible to pitch a tent in style even at night...

...that a Polski Fiat can be started with things that are not it's key...

...and that Skoda exhausts don't like offroading:

The Demon Drome wall of death was there again, as well - everyone should catch their show when they get a chance!

There also was an awful car:

An obvious but great idea to nickname an old Ford:

An SBC-powered Fiat Topolino:

And lots of nice cars:

I decided to focus on patina and unusual cars instead of picdumping 100+ pieces of Detroit iron.

Last edited:
I decided to focus on patina and unusual cars instead of picdumping 100+ pieces of Detroit iron.

Can we assume there will be more posts?

Can we assume there will be more posts?
Yes and no - while I only did take the twenty-odd pictures above, I'll probably post whatever my friends took as soon as I get my hands on the pictures. There should be a video of mad Skoda offroad action...

Oooh, aaah. :D

Nice pics and interesting cars! Poor Octavia :lol: