Racing Memorabilia

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
I have a racing tyre I nicked from a Le Mans type racer AGES ago, does that count?
It's a rear rain tyre, slightly used

Pics of that please!!!!! A racing tyre is something extremely valuable to have...

I've only got a bag full of rubber marbles picked up from the side of the main straight at the Hungaroring after the F1 race in '07 had finished and the organisers opened the gates for the public to invade the track for the podium ceremony.

I have a racing tyre I nicked from a Le Mans type racer AGES ago, does that count?
It's a rear rain tyre, slightly used

Pictures PLEASE !!!

Christ, that conrod is the size of my apartment. :lol:

Pixorban of that tire, NooDle

I've only got a bag full of rubber marbles picked up from the side of the main straight at the Hungaroring after the F1 race in '07 had finished and the organisers opened the gates for the public to invade the track for the podium ceremony.

I did the same in the last four Hungarian GPs! :D

And I have a tyre from a Renault M?gane Trophy car (WSR, Hungaroring, last year - the mechanics gave fans some used ones!).

I have tons of pics of it, but I'm not at home right now so you'll have to wait a couple of hours

I have to add that the tyre itself is now being used for a far less glamourous purpose, it's used as a lawn ornament around a large flowerpot :lol:

here we go. My mate is on the left, he got the front tyre, I got the rear tyre.

IM001162.jpg

As far as I know the tyres came from this car :

IM001157.jpg

it even says "for racing purposes only" on the tyre itself :)

Since we're on about tires... there was a photo of the carcass of a Goodyear tire floating around the forum some time ago. Does anyone still remember it? Judging by the radius, tread width and white label, it looked to me like an early 1990s rear tire from a F1 car. Is that photo still somewhere around?

And here I was thinking I was the only one who collected marbles :D

I was in Barcelona during the summer and got a chance to visit the Circuit de Catalunya. Just as I arrived I was told they were closing for the day. Having spent a good thirty minutes walking with severe hangovers in the scorching heat just to get to the track, I was a bit disappointed. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and jump the fence. I walked down to the track and saw some guys in the pits preparing 16 Audi R8's for an Audi driving school. Oh boy. Turned out they weren't going to drive them until the next day, so I was free to walk the track - probably one of the best experiences I've ever had.
Collected some carbon-fibre shards and marbles but obviously I forgot them at the hotel :(

I also have this 1:1 scale F2007 steering wheel from Amalgam Fine Collection:

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

It really is a beauty. Such an amazing attention to detail.

I now officially hate you. :mad:

:lol::lol::lol: Just joking... How much of a pain in the wallet was that?
Luckily, not much. In fact, I won it in a competition at PitPass.com during the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix, guessing correctly who would take pole, fastest lap and race win. Retail-price is an insane ?1250,00 though, so I would never have bought it myself.

^Ive been to the Ferrari factory at Modena and they had a couple of REAL steering wheels for sale.
I think the cheapest one was 48,000?, but you do get a certificate of authenticity and Schumacher's signature with it.

In the end I didn't buy it because 48,000? is about 5 times as much as my car...

2007 Brazilian GP? Gotcha! :lol: So you're Danish, aren't you?
Haha, yeah that's me. If you're interested in the wheel though, it's up for grabs at the right price. I'm looking to sell it to finance a test in Formula Palmer Audi.

Just found this thread, so sorry for digging up an old one

Got the following:

Goodyear Eagle Tyre - it is from the Australian GP 1994 and came off of Damon Hill's car after his accident with Schumacher.

Scuderia Toro Rosso - Exhaust Aero Piece which is huge

Several Gear Ratio's

A couple of Pistons

Wheel Nuts

Other Carbon Fibre pieces

A MUMM Champagne Bottle signed by Schumacher

and many other items, models, signed photos etc,etc

Just found this thread, so sorry for digging up an old one

Got the following:

Goodyear Eagle Tyre - it is from the Australian GP 1994 and came off of Damon Hill's car after his accident with Schumacher.

Scuderia Toro Rosso - Exhaust Aero Piece which is huge

Several Gear Ratio's

A couple of Pistons

Wheel Nuts

Other Carbon Fibre pieces

A MUMM Champagne Bottle signed by Schumacher

and many other items, models, signed photos etc,etc

In the well-known tradition of the Interwebs, pics or it didn't happen.

cool thread, thanks for bumping it up I never seen it before. And please for the love of god post those pics.