Random F1 pictures

I remember that video. Really sad, the man at least had the decency to stop and try to do something. True gentlemen, back in the day.

Does anyone have any good/great action pictures of Senna in one of his McLaren's? I'm stuggling to find one that isn't simpleand boring. But judging by the shots posted here, someone has to have a great one...

Found some of Senna:

lotus-1986-senna-brazilie.jpg

lotus-1987-senna-belgie.jpg

mclaren-1988-senna-canada.jpg

mclaren-1993-senna-monaco-00.jpg

mclaren-1992-senna-06.jpg

Last edited:
So that's why he was so successful...he had a rocket engine in that thing!

I love how he has his hand up like he's saying "Sorry! My bad!"

Hahaha. The Sparky McLaren shot is great.

I just realised, you know, the red/orange on the McLarens back in the day is the same red/orange they use now. That's kinda really really cool :).

I chose the '93 Senna at Monaco pic as my new wallpaper (after a quick edit).

Joco + Vikirad, do we really need the same pic quoted twice? It's massive enough without me having to scroll for several minutes to get to the bottom of the page :p

I chose the '93 Senna at Monaco pic as my new wallpaper (after a quick edit).

Joco + Vikirad, do we really need the same pic quoted twice? It's massive enough without me having to scroll for several minutes to get to the bottom of the page :p

But it's such a great picture, it doesn't do any harm to see it multiple times! :p

You're right though, I usually don't like it either when people quote pics. ;)

It was also probably the best. It was much like concept. Because of it, McLaren finally broke Ferrari domination. It is a great looking thing, way ahead of it's time...

It was also probably the best. It was much like concept. Because of it, McLaren finally broke Ferrari domination. It is a great looking thing, way ahead of it's time...

It only broke Ferrari domination in collaboration with this thing...

05SpainA23.jpg

Of course, both the 2005 offspring of the MP4-18 and the R25 Renault were faster than the Ferraris that year. But since the Macca was an Adrian Newey-designed car... it had trouble being reliable.

Yeah, that's why it's like a "concept" in the road car world. It was never gonna race, it was just an experiment or a brainstorm of radical ideas...I love it...

I remember when I almost had an accident when I saw that front and rear wing for the first time. So ridiculously cool looking.

Goes to show how we as humans are never satisfied! All the wings are so shapely now, and I yearn for the straightplate simple wings from back in the day... heh.

Damn us.

Probably one of the most mysterious F1 cars in recent years... maybe due to the fact that it never actually turned a racing wheel.

Not strictly true, Martin Whitmarsh acknowledged that most of the components that went into the MP4-19 were directly lifted off the 18A. So it did race, although as we remember, it happened to be one of the worst cars ever designed. It was just way ahead of its time, although it did spawn the moderately successful 19B which evolved into the 20, and so on.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:
How can anyone drive with the car burning up????

Actually, during the turbo era, huge oil fires were fairly common.

Two that really come to mind are Michele Alboreto somewhere (I want to say Nurburging -- the first race on the new track) being so upset with yet another mechanical failure that he drove the burning car back to the pits -- and it was so hot he had unbuckled as he was rolling down the pit lane and standing up in the cockpit. There was also Marc Surer at Brands Hatch who became the owner of a Brabham-BMW CarBQ.

Steve

Actually, during the turbo era, huge oil fires were fairly common.

Two that really come to mind are Michele Alboreto somewhere (I want to say Nurburging -- the first race on the new track) being so upset with yet another mechanical failure that he drove the burning car back to the pits -- and it was so hot he had unbuckled as he was rolling down the pit lane and standing up in the cockpit. There was also Marc Surer at Brands Hatch who became the owner of a Brabham-BMW CarBQ.

Steve

Well I know that. I just wonder how they had the guts to drive around with the cars on fire.

And BTW, both the Alboreto and Surer incidents that you're talking about happened at Brands Hatch in '85. Alboreto's car caught fire and also set fire to his last hopes of winning the championship, and with Prost finishing 4th, he clinched his first WDC.

Another major BBQ...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/12/vlcsnap-12805.png

Teo Fabi's Benetton at Spa in qualifying, a year later.