Random F1 videos

Looks like it... at least this time she got an exclusive with Nico without Martin barging in! :lmao:

Maybe it was Martin who set off the "bang." :lol:

^^ awww go little guy go!

Who was the driver who managed to avoid the groundhog right at the end?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RskDTzh-AM[/YOUTUBE]

Was this posted before? Well even if it was, I watch this video when I need cheering up. A couple of times in the vid the engine sounds overlay into a symphony..I get goose bumps :D

I was watching some stuff from 2000 season and I found Mika at his best.

[YOUTUBE]jPRBj3-Ilvs[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, it is :lol:. I've always wondered how aware the German Sky viewers are of Brundle, and how he comes across in their coverage.

Me and my younger brother did actually spot him and Eddie Jordan in the background of a gridwalk shot when we watched the Hungarian GP on French TV!

The german F1 coverage (be it on RTL or SKY) is, how shall I put it, -shit.
I never watch the races or the qualifyings live. I wait until there is a torrent somewhere with the BBC coverage... :)

RTL is the most annoying german TV Channel in the world!
Lauda and Danner are cool guys, but the rest, oh my god... you wouldn't believe how crappy they are. Seriously.

How is the french coverage? Do they have an expert like Lauda/Danner?

The german F1 coverage (be it on RTL or SKY) is, how shall I put it, -shit.
I never watch the races or the qualifyings live. I wait until there is a torrent somewhere with the BBC coverage... :)

RTL is the most annoying german TV Channel in the world!
Lauda and Danner are cool guys, but the rest, oh my god... you wouldn't believe how crappy they are. Seriously.

How is the french coverage? Do they have an expert like Lauda/Danner?

I've only watched it once when on holiday as I have BBC (note to Western Europeans; if you buy any cheap satellite+box and aim it at the Astra 2D satellite, you can get BBC, ITV and Channel 4) but it was OK, could have been worse. As the race was Hungary though, it was a total Renault love fest. They had Romain Grosjean giving 'expert' views during the race (I believe the female reporter on TF1 is his gf) but I don't know what they've done since he replaced Piquet.

Also Alain Prost does videos giving his opinion on the race in French, kind of like Murray Walker on the BBC website, on http://sports.orange.fr/f1/.

Last edited:
I've only watched it once when on holiday as I have BBC (note to Western Europeans; if you buy any cheap satellite+box and aim it at the Astra 2D satellite, you can get BBC, ITV and Channel 4) but it was OK, could have been worse. As the race was Hungary though, it was a total Renault love fest. They had Romain Grosjean giving 'expert' views during the race (I believe the female reporter on TF1 is his gf) but I don't know what they've done since he replaced Piquet.

Also Alain Prost does videos giving his opinion on the race in French, kind of like Murray Walker on the BBC website, on http://sports.orange.fr/f1/.

:mad::mad::blowup:

I want to watch it but windows media player doesnt want to load the video for some strange reason.

:mad::mad::blowup:

I want to watch it but windows media player doesnt want to load the video for some strange reason.

Yeah the Orange site is a bit funny with that, you need to download the Windows Media Player 11 plugin for it to work. It should work outside of France though as I can watch them from the UK.

They are race previews by the way not race reviews, I was a bit wrong. I don't think you're missing too much in terms of what he's saying, though some of it is quite interesting....to be honest I actually find Prost's accent quite hard to understand so it takes a bit of effort to listen to them, so I haven't bothered with most of them.

The BBC didn't show their 'end of season' video until the end of the Forum, so I don't know if many here saw it, but here it is - they did it as credits for the end of their coverage.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGB4MMwof24[/YOUTUBE]

I think its nicely done myself, I like it better than ITVs one last year. Gives quite a good narrative to what happened over the season, and included lots of gorgeous aerial shots of the tracks, which I love. Only slight negative is that I really didn't need to see Barrichello in skimpys/Eddie Jordan topless again!

Slightly OT, but my University server seems to hate this site so I missed all the weekend discussions, did anyone else have problems with the forum loading or just me?

Last edited:
^ Considering the standard of BBC's coverage during this season, it definitely doesn't fail to match expectations. I personally liked it a lot.

Yeah, I thought it summed up the quality of the BBC coverage pretty well too. Especially when compared to ITVs miming thing last year, you can see the clear difference between what the two were like :lol:.