Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Tires lose pressure over time. Fill it back up to the proper pressure and keep an eye on it.

did that, but it's still weird that 1 out of 4 tyres loses 3 times as much pressure as the other 3...
I don't drive as much as I used to,so 1 fillup every 2 weeks instead of once a week means I'll have to wait before I can investimagate further

Just check them more often. If you look in your car's manual you will see that you should check them every time you fill up with gas.

If only the petrol station didn't want me to insert coin (0.50 - 1 EUR) every time I want to do that. Yes, we have to pay for FUCKING AIR.

I have trouble finding ones that even have it for money a lot of the time. My aunt gave me for christmas a very boring gift of a plug into the car lighter compressor for if you need to fill it up in an emergency. It works rather well for just topping off the tires as well, expectantly since I can never remember to stop for air anyway. (they don't have it at the gas station I usually go to.)

we get it for free, even then, for 50? i bought my own compressor, you can use it for loads of things!

I just got a ZipCar account. So far today I've driven a Mazda 3 Sedan and a Mini Cooper Clubman.

All I want to say, who the hell thought the Clubman was a good idea!

Tomorrow I get to drive a new Honda Insight. Woohoooo <_<.

Nope. See, the British tried it (along with lots of other bad ideas) and went bankrupt. This clearly showed to all that this was a bad idea.

For some reason, the Germans thought it was a good idea to bring it back. Either it's revenge on the British or it's a bad joke. Either way, the Germans are responsible! :D

Edit: And since we're on the subject:
dispcartoon.php3

dispcartoon.php3

Last edited:

Wasn't all that long ago they weren't.

Of course, it should be amusing to see what happens when the "GT" models they've introduced play out in a hurry. There can't be that many people stupid enough to buy them.

I wouldn't bet on people not being stupid/badge whores.

True, but even they'll run out of money soon. That's the problem when you have a diverse lineup with ever increasing numbers of models - eventually your badge whores can't do the "collect them all" thing any more.

Wasn't all that long ago they weren't.

So an automaker had some lower but still positive profit during the financial crisis, big whoop. Recently they posted 2010 data - their EBIT was 4.8 billion Euros (previous years: 0.4b?, 0.3b?, 3.1b?, 2.9b?, 2.2b?, 2.2b?).

You could actually say despite the financial crisis they still were making money.

Also, this.
I wouldn't bet on people not being stupid/badge whores.

Last edited:
I had to pay $3.00 the other day for it. i was really low and couldn't wait anymore, so i splurged.

For that money they'd better be pumping 100% fucking pure unicorn fart into my tyres.

I just got a ZipCar account. So far today I've driven a Mazda 3 Sedan and a Mini Cooper Clubman.

All I want to say, who the hell thought the Clubman was a good idea!

Tomorrow I get to drive a new Honda Insight. Woohoooo <_<.

Wait.
Zip car is car rental, how the fuck are you renting cars at 21? They don't let you have them until 24.

Wait.
Zip car is car rental, how the fuck are you renting cars at 21? They don't let you have them until 24.

Its more of a car sharing service. And you can rent cars at 21, even 19, just the prices will be insane. I don't know how ZipCar manages to get insurance for 21 year olds.
Further more, some universities have partnerships with ZipCar that allow people as young as 19 to use them. Like Carnegie Mellon ZipCar lets you use the 3 we have on campus at 19 years old, and then unlocks all the other ZipCars in the world at 21.

Its more of a car sharing service. And you can rent cars at 21, even 19, just the prices will be insane. I don't know how ZipCar manages to get insurance for 21 year olds.
Further more, some universities have partnerships with ZipCar that allow people as young as 19 to use them. Like Carnegie Mellon ZipCar lets you use the 3 we have on campus at 19 years old, and then unlocks all the other ZipCars in the world at 21.

my mom has it. it's pretty good because it lets you try out a lot of different cars.