Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yeah, that did slice right through, didn't it? :p "You bled on them, they're yours now." :p

Usually, though, you end up getting cut somewhere above the gloves.

Last edited:
I prefer to work barehanded anyway; it's harder to feel the grip level with gloves on, and the occasional scratch is a small price to pay. Then again, the last time someone operated on those principles, he died of septicemia.

I prefer to work barehanded anyway; it's harder to feel the grip level with gloves on, and the occasional scratch is a small price to pay. Then again, the last time someone operated on those principles, he died of septicemia.

Sucked to be him. Generally I prefer to work without gloves, but if I know there are sharp edges and such out come the gloves and protective gear. There's also a large box of disposable nitrile gloves in the shop for dealing with greasy and messy parts. Hopefully I'll be feeling like working in the shop more in the near future.

Last edited:
I've been doing a bunch of metalwork on the truck lately. Have been very careful to wear gloves. Of course, I ended up slicing clean through the AC cord on my corded uberdrill when the trigger lock stuck and it torqued itself straight into the sharpest edge of all. Naturally, I managed to cut myself badly while repairing the drill.

Bottom line, if you're working with your hands, you WILL be made to bleed somehow. Oftentimes you won't even know how. You'll just find yourself bleeding mysteriously. The automotive gods demand their sacrifice.

Related: The first rule of safety glasses is that you'll never get shit in your eye until you put some on.

And just a few weeks ago I joked with a friend that now work on your vehicle is complete without injuring yourself... glad to see I'm not the only one. :lol:

There is a BMW 1 series M at the second round of Motogp at Jerez.

Hell, I cut my hand planting flowers the other day. Shit happens.

Nahn that's God punishing you for doing anything flower related :p

Next time, plant exhaustpipes :p

Good thing that I cut my thumb yesterday while cleaning my winter wheels after changing on summers.

Pfft you guys aren't trying hard enough, I can cut myself on things like wall, and myself, and floors.

Good mate of mine is in Lebanon on a military mission ATM, and he sent me this.....apparantly the local fuzz drive chargers? Awesome :p our cops drive vdub vans ........

2lsbic2.jpg

There are a good number of them around here too, still probably mostly crown vics still though.

Most of the cops around here are driving Chargers these days. I rarely see them in Crown Vics anymore. I can understand why too. I had to drive one as a rental this weekend and let's just say I was glad to be back in my Escape.

That's saying a lot.

I see lots of Charger police cars, but only Crown Vic Highway Patrol cars.

That's saying a lot.
A rental Crown Vic and a CVPI may as well be two entirely different cars. CVPI's are actually a lot of fun to drive.

There are still quite a few on the road in Kansas City. I think a lot of local municipalities have been stockpiling them for a couple years now.

Last edited:
A rental Crown Vic and a CVPI may as well be two entirely different cars. CVPI's are actually a lot of fun to drive.

There are still quite a few on the road in Kansas City. I think a lot of local municipalities have been stockpiling them for a couple years now.

They both have the same chassis which was most of my complaint with the car.

almost all our traffic police are chargers save for the senior officers who drive Toyota Avalons or Merc E classes, and the regular police have mostly chargers or LC Prados and the new Nissan Patrol