Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Nope, as above said I believe it was just the turbo versions that got em, as well as the 10th anniversary edition. To test you can position your car so one rear wheel is on the road and the other on dirt/mud or something then apply powerrrr. If the muddy wheel keeps spinning you have an open diff, if not then you probably have an LSD. I have an NB but stuck a torsen II in it, very very pleased with the results :)

An easier way to do it (well, maybe not for some) is just to jack up the rear of the car so both rear tires are off the ground, then spin one tire backwards, if the other spins backward too, you have an LSD, if it spins forward you have an open diff.

An easier way to do it (well, maybe not for some) is just to jack up the rear of the car so both rear tires are off the ground, then spin one tire backwards, if the other spins backward too, you have an LSD, if it spins forward you have an open diff.

I guess I'm the "some" coz isn't it easier to drive over to the side of the road than jack up the car? :mrgreen:

Nope, as above said I believe it was just the turbo versions that got em, as well as the 10th anniversary edition. To test you can position your car so one rear wheel is on the road and the other on dirt/mud or something then apply powerrrr. If the muddy wheel keeps spinning you have an open diff, if not then you probably have an LSD. I have an NB but stuck a torsen II in it, very very pleased with the results :)

At least in Europe the LSD was normal option. There were some random "Sport" versions created by dealers. Those cars came with LSD, leather etc, so they're just normal well-equipped NBs. So at least in German market leather seats seem to mean higher probability of LSD.

I'd also suggest just jacking the car up from the diff and turning the weels, that's the easiest way to really notice it. You just have to use good jack so the car doesn't fall, that happens very easily with OEM jack.

My guilty pleasure is taking this rounded exit ramp at about 40-45mph, squealing all my tires and sliding just enough to feel it. Tends to freak out passengers though :lol:

"What do you mean it isn't a skidpad?" My favorite is one that reduces radius abruptly.

"What do you mean it isn't a skidpad?" My favorite is one that reduces radius abruptly.

I kinda wish the Lemons GTP wasn't kaput so I could do a bit of hooning in a stripped down version of my car. It would be fun to see how much further I could go over the normal version. Maybe eventually.

I seem to recall that the GT-R has an "any color you want" option.

Someone I know has one in Midnight Purple, looks real nice but I didn't know they offered that either. So I'm guessing it's this.

Thank! I'll be in Boulder county, so I guess I'll have to follow the same procedure. I guess I'll have to sell my current car in the first 30 days and not even bother registering it in Colorado. When I get the new one, I'll go through all the hoops of registration and emission testing.

Just curious - how much approximately is car registration in Colorado? In West Virginia it's a measly $30 per year.

Sorry for the delay I was out of town. For the first year my 95 Accord was around $350 for the first year second year was around $80. It is very common here for people to keep their out of state plates for longer then 30 days. I probably had my WA plates on my car for 4 months. I have seen other cars with them for a lot longer.

Final Gear Top Tip: In Colorado the amount you pay to licence the car is based on the sale price. If you buy a car for 4k it will cost more to register then a car bought for 3k. Colorado sucks for fees and taxes.

Question: Where is it better to post a "What car should I buy thread? General or the Questions section?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!

Regarding your question - probably General, since more people tend to visit there. If you post it in the Questions section you will get fewer responses from most of the older members and the suggestions will be for Miata, Jags and Volvos :)

I got a bunch of cars shots of various things over the last week and get home tonight and try to load via my card reader and it is dead. :(

I even got a manufacterer test bed that I think is a next gen fuel cell.

#7 - does that mean a lot of people should start sucking up to Cowboy now? :lol:

I am totally that person for quite a few people.
I don't own a truck, but as I am the only person who is able to parallel park a LWB (290 inch) Sprinter in reverse without driving into something in my "creative/artist/scientist" circle of friends, I still get to drive whenever someone moves.
Fun thing is that in my "film crew" circle of friends they won't let me drive the truck as they think I am too slow in parking it.

Last edited:
I am #7 for alot of people, and it's alot of fun, let me explain:

You see I only do the #7 for a very select group of people. Thing is, for 364 days a year the others declares you insane/enviromentally obscene/a classless idiot/a poser for not buying a tiny diesel borebox and spend your days drinking coffee in an office like all the other sheep in the pasture, and then they get a killer deal on an antique wardrobe.....Nothing is more amusing then the look on their face when they find out they are going to get to spend money on a rentalvan since most of the other people they know have equaly 'practical' shitboxes cars, and the ones with a van have already all said no. :p

Last edited:
I am not any number, the closest would be #2 but more general "good at money management" or "good at being poor".

Last edited: