Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Mom just picked up her brand new 2009 Toyota Rav4 V6 Limited. JBL 8-speaker sound, red exterior on beige leather.

Very nice, my dad managed to bargain it down to something like 2500 under dealer invoice.

Mom just picked up her brand new 2009 Toyota Rav4 V6 Limited. JBL 8-speaker sound, red exterior on beige leather.

Very nice, my dad managed to bargain it down to something like 2500 under dealer invoice.

If you had more time you could have gotten more

In 2008 when I got my car, we drove around dealers giving our price and number. We were getting at least $4000 off from msrp or listed price on every car. On mine, I ended up with around $7000 off msrp (not bad for a $32000 car), namely because of the new tsx.

If you had more time you could have gotten more

In 2008 when I got my car, we drove around dealers giving our price and number. We were getting at least $4000 off from msrp or listed price on every car. On mine, I ended up with around $7000 off msrp (not bad for a $32000 car), namely because of the new tsx.

To be honest we needed another car very quickly. The last few days, with the Mercedes in the shop (Transmission Sensor Plate) my mom and I have been stranded at home without a car while my dad is out of town.

To be honest we needed another car very quickly. The last few days, with the Mercedes in the shop (Transmission Sensor Plate) my mom and I have been stranded at home without a car while my dad is out of town.

understood.

anyways. I have managed to drive 23000 miles on my car in the time period of one year and one month. Of that time period, it was not driven for around 3 months.

I've driven the Mustang out twice today. Once to the gas station, where a middle aged mom came into the gas station and asked "Whose Mustang?" she loved the car, she used to have a 66. A minute or so later I was sitting in the car writing down the mileage and such, she got back into her car and told her teenage daughter "You need to date someone who drives a car like that." The attendant at the gas station loved it as well, and told me when I get bored of it she'll take it.

And just a while ago I was treating the windshield with RainX, one person walked by and again "Very nice car." Then on the way to get a sandwich, one person in the parking lot "Nice car" and leaving the shop one of the staffers said "Love your car."

So 5 people saying they like the car in two quick trips out. And one person in some late 90's Nissan revving up beside me down the road.

It cracks me up, I mean sure the attention and compliments are nice, and people genuinely are happy to see the car driving around (I get told all the time that someone has seen me out driving it a few times and it just looks good), but there comes a point when I can't be bothered to utter anything more than "Thanks" in return. My Grand Prix is better than the Mustang in every way except one- the beauty, and it doesn't get so much as a second look.

Ah, the joys of an iconic classic car. You should all get some nice old car just to have some fun sometime. Sure it may be expensive, but it's so worth it.

I know exactly what you mean. Even in my 1980 (yes... from the 80s!) El Camino so many people came up and said how much they loved it or how they thought it was cool.

I haven't driven the Jeep much yet, but I imagine it will get similar reactions.

I gd=et a ton of compliments on my car too. It makes me smile :D

I drove this today:
http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/753/dsc01029yvy.jpg
Epic fun!

We got a couple of brand new Prii in at work yesterday, despite still thinking that they're quite ugly I hate to admit that I rather liked them after going for a quick (short, not fast) drive. I then got angry at myself for liking the Prii and made sure as soon as I got home that I watched some Top Gear, worked on the beater Festiva and scanned the local classifieds for the oddest, least sterotypical cars that I could find. I feel much better now.

The rear turn signals on the 2010 Mustang are stupid and gimmicky.

Are those the ones that pulsate outwards?

Yes, the very same. I thought my eyes were giving out when I saw them first.

I thought so too, but after a while...I dig 'em now. :)

I don't really care either way, but they seem to fit the whole Mustang persona.

Or perhaps a cleaver secondary account! :p

Last edited:
I suppose I should change my account name to something different. I just used the same name that I do on every forum.