Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Congrats, Speedtouch - but if I were you I wouldn't post my real name plus a portrait online.

Edited it so all you get is my birthday, which you can get from the forums anyway, and the valid dates which don't seem to match the ones on the back (confusing to me :p). Missing is now my name, address, signature and license code. I'm fine with that tbh. There's nothing else you can get out of that that isn't already here.

Wait, what? You get yours in the post? :blink:
Are you allowed to drive in the time between passing the test and getting the licence? What if you get pulled over?? :?

^They probably give him a 15 or 30-day temporary one made of paper.
A joyous thing came in the post yesterday: My License!

Alright congrats. I can already see a "post your licence" thread coming... :p

I just realized that in my dream last night I was driving a Veyron for a day...
I used 3/4 a tank of gas in, if I remember correctly, 13 miles.

I know that's not realistic but still....

I do recall being frightened by the power (Duh.)
But seriously. Now I'm DREAMING about driving cars? It could have at least been a Ford GT rather than a Veyron.

Last edited:
I just thought about something. If we had speed cameras in the United States, I probably would loose my license within a week. So would 75% of Modesto, and potentially California.

anyways

edit: especially california
http://jalopnik.com/5311819/bugatti-veyron-ticketed-in-california-going-210-mph%252B

To his credit, that freeway is a bit rediculous. The toll road is awesome, but he is stupid for not knowing that there is always a chp on it, typically at the bottom where it meets the 5

Last edited:
Are you allowed to drive in the time between passing the test and getting the licence? What if you get pulled over?? :?

Yeah. They take your provisional at the end of the (passed) test, then give you a pass certificate which isn't a license, but will excuse you from any police.

Spectre, you should find some caps to cover the big holes (not sure what they are called) in the middle of the rims on your xj6

I did have center caps on it, but for some stupid reason someone stole all four. That's stupid because the caps won't fit anything else and they were custom.

I have another set on order with a machine shop, this time with a security feature I designed myself.

I did have center caps on it, but for some stupid reason someone stole all four. That's stupid because the caps won't fit anything else and they were custom.

I have another set on order with a machine shop, this time with a security feature I designed myself.

Yeesh, that's crazy. The centercaps on my Mustang are secured with multiple screws from the back, so you have to take the wheel off to get them off.

well that would explain why i never see them on the road or being talked about... ah well... back to day dreaming about bike engined locosts...

I think they will make for an awesome track car down the line.

They will be cheap, and as you said "turbo, rwd, lsd" Just strip the interior, find someone that can tune the ECU for more boost and tweak the suspension (alignment) and enjoy life

Sleeping gas emitter, right? Or maybe a big spike that shoots out if you don't have a special key.

Sleeping gas emitter, right? Or maybe a big spike that shoots out if you don't have a special key.

110V? :lol:

No, no, those would be illegal, and we don't want to hurt the "poor, misunderstood, disadvantaged and downtrodden youth" who steals them, right? :rolleyes:

On a totally unrelated subject, I observe that it is absolutely amazing what you can build with clockwork springs and razor blades. :evil:

Last edited:
No, no, those would be illegal, and we don't want to hurt the "poor, misunderstood, disadvantaged and downtrodden youth" who steals them, right? :rolleyes:

On a totally unrelated subject, I observe that it is absolutely amazing what you can build with clockwork springs and razor blades. :evil:

You never cease to amaze me with your harshness, but honestly, a world would be a better place if there were more people like you.

But seriously. Now I'm DREAMING about driving cars? It could have at least been a Ford GT rather than a Veyron.

My dreams always default to "Time to go get the car!" every. single. time.

I just thought about something. If we had speed cameras in the United States, I probably would loose my license within a week. So would 75% of Modesto, and potentially California.

anyways

edit: especially california
http://jalopnik.com/5311819/bugatti-veyron-ticketed-in-california-going-210-mph%252B

To his credit, that freeway is a bit rediculous. The toll road is awesome, but he is stupid for not knowing that there is always a chp on it, typically at the bottom where it meets the 5

lawl

I'm surprised the guy pulled over going that fast, or why he wasn't immediately taken to jail.

I've been on the toll roads down here, never seen a vehicle posted anywhere. Typically they do it by plane instead.

Anyways, the ticket says the guy was born in 1986, and is driving a Veyron, works for google, etc. Is.. that actually correct?