Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The Blizzard is doing 3500 rpm at 60 mph... I'm pretty sure it would be possible to over-rev the engine in gear with a good downhill stretch.
Similar to my Dolomite 1850, really wish it had an overdrive gearbox. The 1300 revs even higher but I've had it sat at 65mph on the motorway and you get used to the noise, won't do the big end bearings any good if you're on a long trip though...

It sounds like you got the 3.55 gears instead of the 3.15s, really. Or possibly even 4.10s.

No, it's got the 3.15s in it.

That VW just cured my insomnia! Thanks!

That VW just cured my insomnia! Thanks!

You're welcome! And just to make sure you sleep through the night I'll post the other VW i configured. :mrgreen:

e21Ih4Q.png

Yes I hate the Jetta's interior materials (on the contrary, I love the overall design..it too is classy and conservative like the exterior) and both car's exteriors are conservative to a fault..but it's still handsome. I'm casually thinking about a 2nd car in a few years as my mom struggles to get into the XJ due to her MS.

Picking up either of those on the used market with the space both cars offer, particularly in the "smallish mid-size" Jetta, is compelling. Especially for something I wouldn't drive everyday.

Last edited:
is that a brown, diesel, manual volkswagen?

And the award for "least likely to sell" goes to....

Rick: Two words: Running boards.

I have running boards. :p

is that a brown, diesel, manual volkswagen?

And the award for "least likely to sell" goes to....

Not diesel.

In all honesty though I'd probably just get a used mazda6 and call it a day

Last edited:
True, but it does seem to be particularly concentrated in New York - remember the recent gun control bill where the NY government made all cop firearms illegal for the cops to carry?
:lmao: Man, if you want to talk about political stupidity right now, you need look no further than your own governor's mansion.

Feeling strangely sleepy ... and mad that thing exists ... but mostly sleepy ... :zzz:

Every time I hear Diesel the first thing that comes to mind are the Mercedes around here that belch black smoke. That and a friend's VW Rabbit from back in high school, that thing could be seen miles away and is probably the cause of half the cancer cases in the state.

:lmao: Man, if you want to talk about political stupidity right now, you need look no further than your own governor's mansion.

Nope, NY state legislators passed the NY SAFE Act by a huge margin... only to find out it barred police from going anywhere near schools with their firearms and made them guilty of a felony if they did, among other things such as 'actually carrying their issue sidearms.' In other words, the law had all these restrictions and the idiots forgot to exempt the police from them. Apparently none of the people who voted for it had actually bothered to read it. Many who voted for it (both Democrats and Republicans, so it's not a partisan thing) who have been called out on the problems actually state that they didn't read it and that this should excuse them from being blamed.

Think about that. The actual subject of the bill is not the important part here; it could have been on the wearing of polyester in public for all that it matters. The stupid part is that they are actually claiming that the fact that they voted for/signed for something without actually reading it should excuse them from all responsibility. And NY inhabitants are apparently accepting that.

There's also the 'no drinks over 16 ounces evar' stupidity and more.

On a more car and less stupidity related note, Jay Leno just posted this:

Note how many crash tests they mention that the Trevita CCXR had to undergo to be allowed to be sold in the US.

Last edited:
I was just looking at used exotics and Porsche Carrera GT now costs a million Euros! What happened, that the car's suddenly spiked?

Note how many crash tests they mention that the Trevita CCXR had to undergo to be allowed to be sold in the US.

That video has been deleted, what was it? :(

Someone in California is driving an Octavia wagon, and on Cali plates too. Wut.

Wut indeed.

Guess you pulled a face similar to the one I pulled when I saw a canary yellow fifth gen Mustang convertible, wearing US plates, half an hour from where I live, on an island accessible only by ferry. Sadly, no pictures. It's not like people don't know what a V6 mustang convertible looks like, though. :p