Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That seems like a very reasonable price. I started price shopping in my area after that discussion and finding out about the e-locker. I didn't see any with the Off Road package for that price, let alone a 6 speed. Hope all goes well. :cool:

I went out to buy some groceries and met three kids straight out of the Fast and Furious. They had their cute little stickered up Scions, and were in a club called the Scikotics. They said I could cruise, wi't dem. It was hard to keep a straight face. Fuckin' kids.

Scikotics :rofl:

That reminds me, I need to take a few photos of my sister-in-law's Scion tC. It's black with pink grill inserts, black rims, and pink brake calipers. Complete with fart can that's melting her rear bumper and plenty of matching pink decals on her rear window. It's... umm... interesting. Her and her girlfriends and female coworkers all started doing stuff like that to their cars, trying to one-up each other. But one of her girl friends has a beautiful gunmetal gray E46 M3. Bone stock. :wub:

well, there goes my third clutch

Stop riding it.

Oh and Jay Leno, fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. I now must have a GT6.

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet, all I know is that I don't want that because it makes the truck less capable off road by making the nose longer.

*googles*

OMGWTFBBQIWantOne!

$16,900

So how'd it go?

Stop riding it.

Now, now... He has a Mitsu. Clutch failure is to be expected, remember?

Last edited:
I got it! I got the X-Terra!

It needs new tires and it's due for a service, but it's still a very fair price for how clean it is. It's almost new inside, he took really good care of it.

Bonuses: Emergency roadside kit (it will go to my girl and I will put my own in), and it has two sets of floor mats, carpet and all-season rubber!

Reactions: TC

It needs new tires and it's due for a service, but it's still a very fair price for how clean it is. It's almost new inside, he took really good care of it.

Bonuses: Emergency roadside kit (it will go to my girl and I will put my own in), and it has two sets of floor mats, carpet and all-season rubber!

When you first joined the forums, didn't you lambast the Xterra in favor of the FJ Cruiser because of supposed frame weaknesses/rollover issues? ;)

Congratulations! Now get some mud terrains on it, take it to Moab, and post lots of photos! :p

Cingrats! Post pictures as soon as possible!

When you first joined the forums, didn't you lambast the Xterra in favor of the FJ Cruiser because of supposed frame weaknesses/rollover issues? ;)

I don't remember anything about the fame, I know some older Jeeps had frame issues. I did my research and found the FJ still has serious structural problems and the newest generation of X-Terra has nothing but great reviews. The earlier generation was very tippy and prone to roll over, mostly because they were driven by people who used them as fashion accessories and knew nothing about driving a tall SUV.

I did lambast them for being "girl cars," especially in yellow. I found that, for the money, they are the most capable, and most reliable SUV in that class. I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about the X-Terra in many ways.

Also, I got the latest generation, 2005-present, which is wider, has a 4.0L instead of the 3.3L.

The Civic is for sale.

Needs more guns.

Just wait until I load it up with four people and head out to do some shooting. Between the X and the arms, we could probably occupy Paris.

Needs more rockets and flamethrowers. :p

I'm filling out the ATF paperwork as we speak.

Nice! How the hell did you find one with a six-speed? It's hard enough finding a manual anything in America, let alone a capable truck.

I cashed in all my karma, I guess. I should have bought a lottery ticket, too. The odds of finding the Off Road with a clutch are about that slim.