Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

OK, we got 6 inches of snow. I do not understand how people think they can drive when they take an arm and swipe away the snow directly in front of the steering wheel. I'm completely serious when I say this, they only clean off less than half the windshield, leaving the entire rest of the car covered in snow and drive around. These people need their licenses removed.

People do the same thing over here. It's annoying but more of a driving hazard, not only for that driver but to other drivers as well. A year ago I remember having a huge chunk of ice smash into my windshield. Luckily it didn't break but it was the loudest thud I've ever heard.

I've got 185/65(?) 14. Do you have studded tires?

I wouldnt be able to get too my house without studded tires :p

How in the name of god is ONE of my tires worn almost bald and the other three are fine? And it's not uneven wear either (as you would expect from poor balancing/alignment), it's dead even. And no, it's not on the drive axle.

Check your brakes. One is probably "hanging" a bit.

Is it possible to buy an old Mercedes for USD500?
Has anyone ever entered LeMons using the "African dictator" theme?

Is it possible to buy an old Mercedes for USD500?
Has anyone ever entered LeMons using the "African dictator" theme?

I don't think so, but that is an excellent idea!

Since i can't do mechanics for dear life, the mitsu is still in the shop, and I'm now the errands guy. Yesterday i had to drive in a Silverado looking for various bits (sort of a review a few pages back, would like opinions) today they were merciful and handed me a Hyundai elantra, which i quite liked.

Last edited:
How in the name of god is ONE of my tires worn almost bald and the other three are fine? And it's not uneven wear either (as you would expect from poor balancing/alignment), it's dead even. And no, it's not on the drive axle.

Check your suspension (specifically your shocks) and your brakes (as someone else mentioned) for damage or malfunction.

Check your suspension (specifically your shocks) and your brakes (as someone else mentioned) for damage or malfunction.

Brakes should be OK, they've been changed over the course of the life of these tires. Suspension, on the other hand, makes a surprising amount of sense, considering how many times I've had the damned car rebalanced and realigned trying to get rid of horrible high-speed vibration from the rear end.

And there's plenty of opportunity to have done damage, when you consider just how many potholes I hit at 90mph. I'll poke my head underneath tomorrow and see if there's anything obvious up.

You may also want to find out the state of your wheel bearings while you're at it - bad bearings can also cause premature wear.

Did all four bearings along with the brakes. The front ones were ruined, but the rear was alright and the rear is where the problem is.
It also just occured to me that the suspension is 140k miles old. There's not a single suspension repair in the logs.

damm it, last friday, while going to school, i saw a minivan passing me and something was bizarre on it, i stayed a bit near him to what was wrong and then i realized it was the badge of the minivan, cause you see the van was a pontiac montana, but strangely it didnt had the normal triangular logo of pontiac, instead it was a saturn badge. That made my trip to school alot more funnier.

Just a thought, if I bought a rather nice I car I would strip it of all badges, including brand logos, hubcap/wheel nut logos and all logos that have something like '6.2 Litre V8' or M or things to that effect just to add to the mystery of my car.

Just a thought, if I bought a rather nice I car I would strip it of all badges, including brand logos, hubcap/wheel nut logos and all logos that have something like '6.2 Litre V8' or M or things to that effect just to add to the mystery of my car.

thats the way to go!

if you are a douche bag, you buy a lower model car and put top model badges on it, like M3 badges on a 318, etc...

but de-badging a car, especially a good one, is the opposite of that, and therefore is awesome

Since i can't do mechanics for dear life, the mitsu is still in the shop, and I'm now the errands guy. Yesterday i had to drive in a Silverado looking for various bits (sort of a review a few pages back, would like opinions) today they were merciful and handed me a Hyundai elantra, which i quite liked.

So your dad and company aren't doing the work? What are you having done?

Also, a correction: the winter tires aren't 155/80R13 but 175/70R13; I naturally assumed they would be since the previous 323 had such narrow winter tires.

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/498/2841927l65ca92c7edf134e.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/3198/2841927l9b2bf4ef5f670d1.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/5595/2841927l926a34814c12f54.jpg

http://www.nettiauto.com/toyota/supra/2841927

For some reason, I think that Supra is perfect exactly as it is, where it is. It's a garden ornament.