Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

...and nearly 4,000 lb of curb weight. ?Fuuuuuuu...

TIL a can of black paint is all you need to fix Acura's old beak grill...

5IxG9ow.jpg

Dealers were painting the beak when those first came out. It's a good look.

Checking pressure on tires that you just finished driving on is not really going to give you anything.
It does give a indication if one of the tyres has a significantly different pressure than the others. Which was not the case. I know that I should measure the values on cold tyres. I will do that next time I use the car.

What does your Jag weigh? I bet it is close to that 2 ton Mark too.
Yes, plus about 200 lb; it also has 100 lb-ft more of torque. Doesn't change the fact that, for a midsized sedan, that's still damn heavy, even if it has AWD.

I'm quite tempted to get one of those. 300hp, manual, AWDlame FWD biased AWD that can't do 0/100 torque split and is limited to 55/45 in a straight line and 30/70 in a corner...

FTFY. :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, plus about 200 lb; it also has 100 lb-ft more of torque. Doesn't change the fact that, for a midsized sedan, that's still damn heavy, even if it has AWD.

The XJR is also better designed for handling and ride at that weight than any Acura.

It does give a indication if one of the tyres has a significantly different pressure than the others. Which was not the case. I know that I should measure the values on cold tyres. I will do that next time I use the car.

Sometimes there is a slow leak that won't show, but in your case it's more likely to be a sensor malfunction.

Dealers were painting the beak when those first came out. It's a good look.

As long as it was a 2012+. The beak on the pre-facelift 2009-2011s was pretty irredeemable.

As long as it was a 2012+. The beak on the pre-facelift 2009-2011s was pretty irredeemable.

A friend of mine was looking for one at some point for same reason that Lev is and he found aftermarket grills one could swap in.

You might be thinking of the Honda Legend/Acura RL; the TL IIRC is North America-only and only as a TL.

I still want one of the short lived TSX wagons.

It was on my short-list of 2 options: the TSX and my Mazda 3. After test driving the TSX, it was just too heavy for the engine (it felt that way, anyway), and all of the tech felt "last generation" (aka sloooow), but in both I test drive, both had issues with the floor in the footwell of the driver's seat. Made me nervous! In one, I think I could have put my foot through the "dead pedal" hump when I pushed against it to move further back in my seat.

The rest of the car was fine and I still pine for one whenever I see one (especially in that rare metallic dark red)...but the floor issues were enough to turn me off.

Honestly, I'm better for it, because if I were to park in my driveway, I'd stick out into the sidewalk by about a foot and a half...

It was on my short-list of 2 options: the TSX and my Mazda 3. After test driving the TSX, it was just too heavy for the engine (it felt that way, anyway), and all of the tech felt "last generation" (aka sloooow), but in both I test drive, both had issues with the floor in the footwell of the driver's seat. Made me nervous! In one, I think I could have put my foot through the "dead pedal" hump when I pushed against it to move further back in my seat.

The rest of the car was fine and I still pine for one whenever I see one (especially in that rare metallic dark red)...but the floor issues were enough to turn me off.

Honestly, I'm better for it, because if I were to park in my driveway, I'd stick out into the sidewalk by about a foot and a half...

I just like that it's a Honda wagon. Potentially the last one we will ever get in the US. It would be more for the wife to drive anyway.

I saw one of those Accord wagons (errr, TSX..) a few weeks ago in Orlando. And then one in Dallas a week later. I was surprised to see you ever got them...

I saw one of those Accord wagons (errr, TSX..) a few weeks ago in Orlando. And then one in Dallas a week later. I was surprised to see you ever got them...

We got them... but almost nobody bought them. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I just like that it's a Honda wagon. Potentially the last one we will ever get in the US. It would be more for the wife to drive anyway.

Nope. This is also an Accord wagon.

1280px-09_Honda_Pilot.jpg

:p