Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Damn, now I'm hungry for the Ruben egg rolls the bar near me does.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Corned beef and sauerkraut in an egg roll wrapper?
Don't forget the cheese (and side of Russian dressing to dip in). It's actually damn tasty bar food, but I wouldn't want to eat it regularly.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Happy days! I am free from Jeep Patriot company car prison! Another forum member has offered to buy it though so it’s not leaving the family that is FinalGear.

The replacement is a 2019 VW Golf Alltrack S. Why alltrack? Because I wanted heated seats and management wanted the cheapest sportwagen possible (there was no debate, it’s what they chose). Since the AWD sportwagen wasn’t available in the area. The alltrack was the next best thing. A base FWD sportwagen has no heated seats. Only SE and up or an AWD S trim either alltrack or standard sportwagen. What does this get me? 1.8L 6-speed DSG, blind spot monitoring, forward collision and rear cross traffic alert.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Happy days! I am free from Jeep Patriot company car prison! Another forum member has offered to buy it though so it’s not leaving the family that is FinalGear.

The replacement is a 2019 VW Golf Alltrack S. Why alltrack? Because I wanted heated seats and management wanted the cheapest sportwagen possible (there was no debate, it’s what they chose). Since the AWD sportwagen wasn’t available in the area. The alltrack was the next best thing. A base FWD sportwagen has no heated seats. Only SE and up or an AWD S trim either alltrack or standard sportwagen. What does this get me? 1.8L 6-speed DSG, blind spot monitoring, forward collision and rear cross traffic alert.
Can't wait to see the first failure... :p

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Nah Niva was the original cross over :p
Niva started production in 77 - I know at least one crossover that existed and was sold before then.

The 1948 Willys Jeepster would like a word.

Seeing a gap in their product lineup, Willys developed the Jeepster to crossover from their "utilitarian" trucks to the passenger automobile market.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
If the Subaru Crosstrek came with a turbo engine mated to a manual, I'd probably buy one.