Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

GRtak

Forum Addict
https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-collections/artifact/227457/#slide=gs-212814

First Tri-Color, Four-Directional Traffic Signal, 1920

Detroit traffic officer William Potts created this three-color, four-way traffic signal in 1920. Previous illuminated signals used only red and green lights. The addition of an amber "caution" light made driving safer and the three-color signal became the standard by the mid-1930s. This first traffic light was installed at Woodward Avenue and Fort Street in Detroit, Michigan.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
4x4 diesel barge
Last night, my car decided winter was over and added ten degrees to the ambient temperature display. It wouldn’t be a biggie but with “16c” outside and 20c on the climate control, it can’t be bothered to actually heat the air before delivering it to the cabin. 😄

The ambient temp sensor was a whopping 20ish € and will arrive tomorrow morning.
I had a normal service booked for this morning anyway and dropped the car off before work. They agreed to put the new sensor in at the same time because it’s ten minute job. One of their mechanics came in to get parts just as the shipment with the sensor in it was delivered, so I didn’t even have to drive the sensor over there. And now my car knows what the weather is again and the HVAC works properly.

Sometimes things just work.

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '93 Kawa VN1500,
Now that I sold off my daily driver I'm once again browsing used cars. For real this time. I now face a problem I've never had before. I'm trying to balance between reasonable, affordable daily drivers that rly don't need to be anything exiting, just work... and then there's the "ooh, that could be fun!" side of things.

Damn it. :D

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I bought a new car two days ago and now I come across a $750 Miata. Clearly I need a fourth car, right?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Now that I sold off my daily driver I'm once again browsing used cars. For real this time. I now face a problem I've never had before. I'm trying to balance between reasonable, affordable daily drivers that rly don't need to be anything exiting, just work... and then there's the "ooh, that could be fun!" side of things.

Damn it. :D

Attachments

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
49,5 for a fucking Prowler. Jesus, if that dealer paid more than 29k for it, they got hosed lol.