Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Same auction featured several historic and reproduction drag cars from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. All went for something in the $200k range (+/-$20k). One was a Pinto (albeit a very famous one).

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Most collectible cars appreciate slower than inflation so they're not good investments.

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '93 Kawa VN1500,
Thing with these super expensive collector cars is that while most people will not understand the price and wouldn't buy one even if they could, it only takes one person to think it's worth the time and money.

Kind of like the foo... ummm, young individual that saw fit to pay an stup... more than reasonable compensation for my old daily. :D

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Thing with these super expensive collector cars is that while most people will not understand the price and wouldn't buy one even if they could, it only takes one person to think it's worth the time and money.

Kind of like the foo... ummm, young individual that saw fit to pay an stup... more than reasonable compensation for my old daily. :D
Since this was an auction, there had to be at least two people that thought it was worth big dollars. :D

Now, I could see the original cars being worth some decent money to the right collectors, but the reproduction cars should only bring what it would cost to duplicate. IMHO, of course.

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '93 Kawa VN1500,
Since this was an auction, there had to be at least two people that thought it was worth big dollars. :D

Now, I could see the original cars being worth some decent money to the right collectors, but the reproduction cars should only bring what it would cost to duplicate. IMHO, of course.
In this case the owner who took it to auction was the real winner. :D

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
I love how the article reads like they have nothing but contempt at the fact that they have to write about this.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster, ?
Yeah I really like that splash of colour on an otherwise monochrome car. The Lamborghini Centenario had similar highlights but covering more areas.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Yeah no, dinguses will just take them off, paint them, and put them back on.
You can already buy any color you want on eBay. There guys around here with blue ones, red ones, etc. Theres even a guy who made a set for a 1970 Challenger. I kinda want to 3D print up a set for my Mustang to make fun of them.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Apparently my car with just a tune would be capable of running mid to high 12s @ ~110.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
You can already buy any color you want on eBay. There guys around here with blue ones, red ones, etc. Theres even a guy who made a set for a 1970 Challenger. I kinda want to 3D print up a set for my Mustang to make fun of them.

EyeMWing

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Many things, none of them working.
I should get some of that yellow pipe insulation for the rollcage on the bobtail, stylish.
In the local autocross there's a guy with an special edition elise that runs with his front bar protected by pool noodles and masking tape.

This is because Lotus charges a lot of money for bumper covers and the very first time he autocrossed it, he ate a cone... Which ate the front bar.

Same energy.