Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Sounds like someone stole the Catalytic Converter off of it.

Car sits too low to the ground to make that feasible. I'll be lifting it up in the morning to look for holes. If someone stole my cat, it's a damn shame for them that it was parked right front and center on a security camera.

Please, please make a Super GT version of the LF-A toyota:

01-supergt-lexus-lfa-rend.jpg

I'm annoyed that VW still are not offering us the 1.2 TSI for the Polo. Supposedly the best engine of them all and they still only offer the 1.4. I'll take mine with the DSG7 thanks. Not sure on the sports seats, in the configurator they look exactly the same as the normal seats except they're alcantara. Whats the sport in that?

I'm annoyed that VW still are not offering us the 1.2 TSI for the Polo. Supposedly the best engine of them all and they still only offer the 1.4. I'll take mine with the DSG7 thanks. Not sure on the sports seats, in the configurator they look exactly the same as the normal seats except they're alcantara. Whats the sport in that?

yeah! 1.2L engines ftw! who needs silly gassguzzling way oversized 1.4's anyway..... :lol::lol::lol:

The 1.4 is a naturally aspirated (so it sucks), has 20 horsepower less and is down 43 newtons on torque. Despite this, the 1.4 has a much higer CO2 output, 139g vs 124g. It's an old lump and far worse than the new 1.2 in every single way. Except it's cheaper, and on offer.

I have a feeling that VW is waiting to introduce the 1.2 here (and other markets with a 120g/km cap) until they have shaved off those four grams. Customers like tax free cars. The option is the 1.6 TDI but they don't offer the most powerful version of that with the DSG so it's still down on power compared to the 1.2 and more importantly, it's quite expensive.

Last edited:
You Swiss arent born with a sence off irony are u? :p

No we're too busy making chocolate ;)

Maitre.jpg

Last edited:
Pffff Audi are late to the party. This is a real ad and it's quite good too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZuwbnXRQ9c[/YOUTUBE]

The most hilariously half-arsed thing I've ever seen by a works team has to be Ford's attempt to make the pre-facelift rally Focus into a Facelift model...with stickers!

Rally_Deutschland__Focus_WRC_by_pkfrozen.jpg

Seriously, even the broke-ass Vauxhall BTCC team managed to build a facelift Vectra.

I noticed that they had a habit of running both the facelift and the old model simultaneously in rallys. I looked at it and thought "lol Ford penny pinching".

I'd rather have M-Sport (who runs their rally efforts) spend that money on making the car go faster.

Bought gas last night. I've never seen to many choices.

0109101904-00.jpg

I assume you yelled out a Clarksonish "Pooowerrrrrr" and crammed 93 grade into your Passat.

Interesting, here they're ordered lowest octane on the left and highest on the right.

Interesting, here they're ordered lowest octane on the left and highest on the right.

They do it both in manners up here, buts that's the way we roll in WA.

I assume you yelled out a Clarksonish "Pooowerrrrrr" and crammed 93 grade into your Passat.

LOL. The car and I aren't that close. It didn't deserve a treat last night.

Edit: Besides, how much power can you expect from the 1.8. :p It did get the manufacturer recommended 91 for the first time ever though. It's simply not available anywhere I've ever lived. Runs well enough on 89.

There's no rhyme or reason here. Some stations still do the annoying premium grade in the middle thing. You always have to look closely before choosing.

Last edited:

Different chains order it different ways around - the idea being that every once in awhile you'll catch someone out and end up selling them the more expensive gas when they don't need it (the idea being that you're not going to hurt anybody's expensive performance car because people who need premium take the time to look and make sure)

I once encountered a station with the 87 *in the middle*

I don't know if anyone cares, but I just got really lucky with my ticket. Well I'm not out of the woods yet, but it's a good thing. I went to court 2 days ago and when the clerk called me in her office to check in she told me that there was no citations against me in the system. She then explained that the officer, who ticketed me, either forgot to turn the ticket in or submitted it late and if nothing arrives in the mail in 3 weeks call the court house. I don't what this means yet, but I'm hoping that the officer just wanted to scare me and didn't turn in the ticket.