Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Somebody around here is driving his Elise year-round. Brave, or merely foolish?

I actually saw an Elise in Newton, Mass around mid-December. Might've been the same one.

There is a red one around Allston and Brookline, but this one was green and in Somerville.

The one I saw was an orange.

Well, not surprising that in a city the size of the greater Boston area, there'd be three or more Elises flying around.

Driving to work today, I realised the rear end of an E class Estate is just the happiest car ever.
It's just one big smiley face!

photo-gallery-mercedes-e320-estate.jpg

Well, not surprising that in a city the size of the greater Boston area, there'd be three or more Elises flying around.

Yeah. But in the winter?

Brave. Cojones of steel.

On a different note, here's what I was thinking about the other day:
Audi had the wonderful 2.7TT V6 motor in the b5 S4. From a modifying point of view the engine was a gem. A chip would get you from 250hp to a little over 300hp (and the car is lighter than the b6 so it could keep up); k04 (RS4) turbos would get you 400+ at all four wheels and do so pretty reliably. The b6 S4 got the 4.2L V8 and oh boy... Not much you could do to that engine after exhaust/intake, although some people managed to fit superchargers to them but we won't go there (very expensive, not very reliabile).
BMW, on the other hand, had motors that were not very power-friendly, so to speak. E46, in particular, was not an easy car to extract a lot of power from. The M3 was out for years before tuners finally managed to lower the compression enough for the car to accept a supercharger. Also an extremely expensive proposition. Then the E90/E92 335i came out with the twin-turbo I-6. With that motor, just a chip will put you very close to the 300awhp mark, and with downpipes you'll be seeing ~350... to the wheels.
So, is it just me or does it seem like Audi is going backwards in terms of engines and BMW forward? This is strictly from a modifying/tuning point of view; I readily admit that the E46 M3 and the B6 S4 have awesome engines out of the box.

Not when they sound like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maygdvKBV9s[/youtube]

Someone posted a white Lotus Exige being driven by a storm trooper a few days ago.

Heres a follow-up
http://img401.imageshack.**/img401/7050/darthvaderarielatomkl0.jpg

^^^^^ Wait till you see some of the other shots we got of him doing that. Some in car shots and and a "using the force wave" gif...

That day was so full of win it's not even funny.

edit:
DSC_0631.gif

Last edited:
Yeah. But in the winter?

Well, the Elise is aluminum and fiberglass, so you can sorta justify it by saying that the body and chassis, at least, won't rust. I agree though, still nutty.

Vader in an Atom

:lol: So who's next? C-3PO in a gold Eldorado droptop?

^^^^^ Wait till you see some of the other shots we got of him doing that. Some in car shots and and a "using the force wave" gif...

That day was so full of win it's not even funny.

So what was going on that day? Roadster/501st crossover meet? :lol:

The most exotic cars I have seen in my area of Mass. is a CGT, a Ferrari 360 convertible, and a Maserati Gran Turismo. Balls of steel award going to the CGT owner whom was driving around in the pouring rain! All of these surprising because I live in a redneck part of the state!

The most exotic cars I have seen in my area of Mass. is a CGT, a Ferrari 360 convertible, and a Maserati Gran Turismo. Balls of steel award going to the CGT owner whom was driving around in the pouring rain! All of these surprising because I live in a redneck part of the state!

I've chased a Murcielago Roadster down MassPike from 128 all the way down to 495.

I think I heard that lambo go down 495, I'm just a stones throw away from it. I hear trucks on the hard shoulders at 2 in the morning.

Yeah. I've caught the green Lambo Murci roadster on the pike multiple times. I think I might have even posted photos of it in the sightings thread.

On a random thought
http://img49.imageshack.**/img49/5616/t5rlineoc0.jpg
WANT

Last edited: