Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You might want to consider making it into a clone of the Syclone truck:
I agree with Spectre here. It's a pretty cool looking truck as it is, and I don't think the arches will suit it. Making it look like a unique Syclone-a-like would be pretty awesome.
:think: A Syclone kit, if I could find one, would cover up all the rust. Ha, no I'm not actually a fan of the body work on those. I'll just fix the rust on my truck. Maybe.

If I had the money and the space I'd probably get a 4WD S10 and put the V8 out of my truck into it. Then it would be really nose heavy and have torsion bars. :lol:

:think: A Syclone kit, if I could find one, would cover up all the rust. Ha, no I'm not actually a fan of the body work on those. I'll just fix the rust on my truck. Maybe.

If I had the money and the space I'd probably get a 4WD S10 and put the V8 out of my truck into it. Then it would be really nose heavy and have torsion bars. :lol:

You should put a ford 2wd TTB IRS setup in it and go for the long travel pre-runner look.

So I just had an either awesome ... or completely terrible idea. "Boxed arches"/fenders on my boxy old S10. I'm useless with photoshop, but think about it, boxy Quattro-esque fenders on this ...
ddf1a42c91f1469a.JPG

... I actually googled some pics, and my own truck still looked better than most of the results :p.

Fix the body work, paint it, new wheels, done.

Adding things to the body will only make it look worse.

I personally like the way it looks right now... it's got a modern rat rod look to it.

I personally like the way it looks right now... it's got a modern rat rod look to it.

I'm with ya on this one. I rather liked it when I saw it. Looks like it actually serves a purpose. Plus I'm just amazed there is a Chevy S10 of that vintage still alive in the midwest.

We have become a Subaru Family!
To replace the Ford Explorer I, well, lit on fire, my dad went out today and bought himself a 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X. Lovely car, I'm really happy we have a Subaru in the family now. Unfortunately it is a slushbox, but that's better than no subaru!
Pics will be forthcoming whenever my mom comes home (She has my camera in Florida)

Fix the body work, paint it, new wheels, done.
It is painted :mrgreen:. My brother has a set of Ansen Sprints (a pair of 15x8 and a pair of 15x11) that I could convince him to part with. I like the current wheels though. Frankly I'm more interested in how this truck goes than how it looks. I might just let it rust and switch bodies if I own it long enough.

I'm with ya on this one. I rather liked it when I saw it. Looks like it actually serves a purpose. Plus I'm just amazed there is a Chevy S10 of that vintage still alive in the midwest.
Thanks and thanks. There are actually quite a few 1st gen S10s out here, I can think of 2-3 within just a block of me. The road salt seems to prefer Toyotas and Fords. It hasn't done my truck any favors either, but the floor and inner rockers are still in great shape.

I finally saw an Audi R8 in the metal today (well, two actually as I walked past the Swanston St Audi dealer). They're pretty sweet IRL.

here's a good one. What are the chances of me losing a hubcap 2 days ago (still no idea how it happened) and me finding it back today on the drive to work.

I'll tell you what the chances are of such a thing happening : 100%

I also found a Renault clio hub cap, a VW one and a couple of unidentifyables... apparently many people lose their hubcabs, and if you're looking for one you see a whole bunch of crap

On the other hand, since driving around with 3 hubcabs looks like teh fail, i'm now rolling without hubcabs with my ugly black steel wheels showing. I'm kinda starting to like the look now, what to do, what to do?

Help me out fellow finalgear people : what is cooler :

no_hubcap.jpg

or

OjOnIRs6FejFhVPN6CpC4g==.jpg

I'd say if your car was any older generations, the no-cap look is okay, but I think it's too new, and doesn't look well with the steel wheels.

Define "old". Technically my car was made in 2004, but the model is much much older...
here's my car with it's "summer" wheels and hubcaps (which I think look great). The "winter" hubcaps were pictured above
100_0206.jpg

Tough call...that is a pretty awful hubcap...

Are their mechanical advantages to not using one? Probably...wouldn't imagine there's be practical reasons to use 'em...

Ride on your steelies with pride! Hubcaps are for losers.

Smarten the steel wheels up a bit and they look good. For extra cool, add some tape, random plastic and numbers to make it look like a test mule. :lol:

I think I may have discovered a security thing in my car...

So I just went out for a bit, came back, rolled up into the driveway, parked my brother's car at the top of the driveway (it was in front of mine before I left so I had just left on the street) and then parked my car in front of his. La dee da. So I notice that my wheels are crooked and I could get a tiny bit closer. So I turn the steering wheel then go to start my car, wtf, the key won't turn? And the steering wheel is locked in the position that it's in. WHAT HAVE I DONE?! :(
the first time that happened to my car my mom informed me she had learned about them by having it lock up far away from home and making my dad drive out and "fix the car":lol:

In the 80's these were used "naked" without the black paint... looked cool. You could just spray-paint them in matte steel silver, would do the trick.

I'd paint them a glossy black, and keep them clean. I'm used to seeing those Opels on steelies around here, they don't look that bad.

Ever wonder what car you're driving in your favorite video game... well, wonder no more.
www.igcd.net

Its like www.imcdb.org, but for games.