Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

_48969143_mini_evolution_464.gif

Shit got fat yo'.

Seriously, the new cars are in no way "Mini" enough to justify the name. Good to drive perhaps (although everyone I've spoken to who's driven one says visibility is shit) but they aint' Minis...
The Countryman deson't even deserve to exist...

No, the guy that ruined mine is still in jail (and I checked after seeing that article early this morning) and isn't getting out any time soon.

However, I think I know the dealership he took it to, it also has other car marques. Would not take my car there, saw some idiot tech from there driving similarly with a far more expensive car than that M5.

Edit: Also, 'my' idiot was a salesdroid, not a tech.

Ah, got yeah! It's a shame that the customer suffers because an idiot thought it would be a good idea to hoon in a car that's not theirs.

I'd report the dealer to BMW.

Ah, got yeah! It's a shame that the customer suffers because an idiot thought it would be a good idea to hoon in a car that's not theirs.

The really inexcusable behavior isn't the hooning. It is the reaction of the management at the dealership that is the real problem.

Yeah, they tried to cover it up and promise that it wasn't as bad it seemed which makes it a ton more horrible when another dealer estimated the damage at $15k+.
I'd report the dealer to BMW.
From the comments.
Oh, and to everyone suggesting that this guy call BMW NA: Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha HA! They couldn't have cared less. "All dealerships are independently owned and operated..." You'll hear that a lot when you call BMW NA about any dealership issues. They noted the problem in their "file" (a sticky note they threw into the trash) on the dealership and didn't do much more.

The really inexcusable behavior isn't the hooning. It is the reaction of the management at the dealership that is the real problem.

I think both are inexcusable. It's bad enough the management are dicks about it, but wrecking someones car and trashing on it is totally uncalled for. When I saw your story it irritated me because your car is out of production for 10 years, and it's impossible to find one just like it, especially if you had happened to buy yours new.

All that is especially more fucked up in the day and age of cars with black boxes. Just wait till someone goes to service a GT-R, the tech takes it for a spin and turns on the launch control and voids the owners warranty... even if the owner never did it.

A tech hooning the car is unacceptable. However, it can happen in even the best dealership in the world - all it takes is for a tech on a test drive to flip out or have a bad day. It isn't right, but it happens.

What is completely inexcusable is how the dealership management reacted to this problem. While I still will not name the dealer whose salesperson wrecked my car, I would say that to their credit, they immediately owned up and started dealing with the problem - instead of trying to do otherwise, as the idiot BMW dealer did.

Edit: Also, BMWNA's indifference-at-best towards customer problems is both infamous and legendary.

Hey you jack ass that ran the stop sign and almost T-boned my demo tonight.

Yeah you in the redneck S-Series Blazer that flipped me off after I blew my horn at you then tried to outrun me by running three more stop signs.

Enjoy your night in jail for DUI that was me and my camera phone motherfucker.

No, the guy that ruined mine is still in jail (and I checked after seeing that article early this morning) and isn't getting out any time soon.

However, I think I know the dealership he took it to, it also has other car marques. Would not take my car there, saw some idiot tech from there driving similarly with a far more expensive car than that M5.

Edit: Also, 'my' idiot was a salesdroid, not a tech.

Wait, you sent the guy to Jail, HOW?

A tech hooning the car is unacceptable. However, it can happen in even the best dealership in the world - all it takes is for a tech on a test drive to flip out or have a bad day. It isn't right, but it happens.

What is completely inexcusable is how the dealership management reacted to this problem. While I still will not name the dealer whose salesperson wrecked my car, I would say that to their credit, they immediately owned up and started dealing with the problem - instead of trying to do otherwise, as the idiot BMW dealer did.

Edit: Also, BMWNA's indifference-at-best towards customer problems is both infamous and legendary.

Didn't they tried first to get you off their backs with an X-type, I seem to recall that though my mind is sketchy at best.

On other car-related news, the mitsu is getting some new suspension and my mom has totally given up on trying to get a car. Oh joy,,,

Wasnt the jaguar dealer at least somewhat more cooperative about your car spectre? If i remember correctly.

Anyway, i've got a very gearhead shot of my own to share. Oh yea, living the dream... [/sarcasm]

coolest.jpg

In case you don't recognize these under-appreciated classics, its a 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS towing 1987 Buick Regal T-Type (Grand national, kind of)

Im still living in the automotive early 90's. Dont blame me, its florida. In case you're wondering why the Regal is missing its front end, it was my friends little brothers car. Its got more boost than brakes and he found out the hard way that those cars dont come with anti-lock brakes. Discouraged, he let it go for next to nothing. We dont drive pickup trucks. Also behaviour like this might be why the towing car is on its fifth transmission :) (That, and the Nitrous Oxide)

Last edited:
500x_futuria-truck.jpg

[video=youtube;y4NR-gnfaW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NR-gnfaW4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Girl in bikini is an optional extra.

Wait, you sent the guy to Jail, HOW?

Destruction of property, vandalism, reckless endangerment, theft(no one was supposed to take Specter's car out of the showroom/property) and I am sure there were more charges too.

This. I told the guy that if he was smart he'd plead guilty to auto theft and not try for parole.

He appears to have listened.

Didn't they tried first to get you off their backs with an X-type, I seem to recall that though my mind is sketchy at best.

They did, or rather, the guy's relative who was a low-level manager did. It didn't work.

However, at no time did the dealership ever try to deny that they had screwed up or that they were responsible. And, on paper at least, a loaded X-Type VDP was actually roughly the same value as my departed XJR. In reality, not so much, but still...

However, said idiot was also fired. Partly for what he'd done, partly because he was too stupid to realize the further compounding of the original mistake he'd made by offering me an X-Type as a replacement. Nobody in their right mind would think that an X-Type is even vaguely acceptable as a replacement for an XJR.

I must be driving like a complete arse. Was driving back from the club, going through the curvy roads that lead to my neighborhood and I got stuck behind a 2001/2002 Monte Carlo driving at 20mph...Safe speed on this road is probably 25/30mph tops.

He pulled over to let me go by, because I was driving too close behind him. A douchebag in a Volvo...how often do you see that? :)

Wasnt the jaguar dealer at least somewhat more cooperative about your car spectre? If i remember correctly.

Anyway, i've got a very gearhead shot of my own to share. Oh yea, living the dream... [/sarcasm]

coolest.jpg

In case you don't recognize these under-appreciated classics, its a 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS towing 1987 Buick Regal T-Type (Grand national, kind of)

Im still living in the automotive early 90's. Dont blame me, its florida. In case you're wondering why the Regal is missing its front end, it was my friends little brothers car. Its got more boost than brakes and he found out the hard way that those cars dont come with anti-lock brakes. Discouraged, he let it go for next to nothing. We dont drive pickup trucks. Also behaviour like this might be why the towing car is on its fifth transmission :) (That, and the Nitrous Oxide)

Hang on...is the Regal yours now?

Last edited:
From the Jalopnik article

But, from what I've learned from this and other forums (FinalGear rocks!) for me it's what's under the hood and behind the wheels that really matters.

We're famous!

What? I'm talking about how common they are, not their race track prowess. The Reventon and Veyron Grand Sport are both much more limited production than the Enzo.

i've seen a lot more veyrons than i have seen enzo's :shock: