Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I'm looking at hiring a Smart ForTwo convertible for 2 days whilst on holiday. I fear I may have finally lost it.

I know that, I was just joking about finding things related to the event.

I could probably find that out in a few hours on Tuesday, but that would involve unpaid investigative work without a powerful motive on my part. :p

Edit: Random observation: New Lotus parts come wrapped in black/smoked bubblewrap.

After much consideration, my dad has decided to give me the sadistic course in driving. I'm scared, excited,but scared

How does the sadistic one differ from the regular one?

Also last I checked you've already been driving for a while :p

How does the sadistic one differ from the regular one?

Also last I checked you've already been driving for a while :p

It involves hillclimbs, rush hour traffic, parallel parking on hills (Think san francisco). if I have to stop on a hill, I cant use the brake, just throttle/clutch if I crash onto anything I'll have to deal with everything. And yes, I've been driving for a while, just not properly :p. Dad is tired of me crashing onto stuff and it's worried I'll fail my driving test on december.

Since I'm here and not on the street you can probably guess this was canceled, for reasons best left undsclosed. dad's holiday boozefest

And this

Scenario - you stall the car, say, in a busy street. Without thinking you turn the key to get going again as quickly as possible. Car is still in gear...

This is entirely hypothetical and in no way reflects something that actually happened to me.

Last edited:
What asshole takes a crown vic, paints it MA state police light blue, then PUTS ON ROOFRACKS. You jerk, you are ruining traffic with your imaginary speed trap.

What asshole takes a crown vic, paints it MA state police light blue, then PUTS ON ROOFRACKS. You jerk, you are ruining traffic with your imaginary speed trap.

Someone who bought an ex-MA state police cruiser and is going windsurfing - plus doesn't care what you think.

Someone who bought an ex-MA state police cruiser and is going windsurfing - plus doesn't care what you think.
Yeah, he's probably an asshole too. I know, because it's the kind of thing I'd probably do if I had a CVPI. And I'm an asshole. :lol:

But seriously, a roof rack on a Crown Vic? There's something I've never seen before.

It looks really goofy.

my_p71_bc_1-vi.jpg

02070004-vi.jpg

It looks really goofy.
Man no joke. I really don't understand why you would need one either. You can easily stick a couple bicycles in the back seat or the trunk.

Do you know what those wheels are off of on the 2nd car?

Crown Vics always look goofy doing anything other than police or taxi work. :lol:
Heh, the only time I've seen a Crown Vic look really "goofy", other than the tastelessly modified ones, is when a friend tried to autocross his.

Last edited:
No idea on the wheels. Might be an optional civvie CV fitment, or aftermarket.

I think they are from a truck.

I'm pretty sure Civilian LX Crown vics came with those wheels.

The Volvo internship page is back up for the first time since the Chinese takeover. I may be working in Sweden next summer after all. Applying now.

Edit: Applied! For a New Product Development/Testing position in G?teborg.

Last edited:
Bollocks, I got a crack in my windshield today :(. I didn't even notice I had a chip until I hit a pothole and heard it crack. Oh well, it comes with driving Sydney's shitty rural roads I guess *shakes fist*

The Volvo internship page is back up for the first time since the Chinese takeover. I may be working in Sweden next summer after all. Applying now.

Edit: Applied! For a New Product Development/Testing position in G?teborg.

G??????????????teborg! De va la roligt! That's a phrase you need to learn if you get here. It's gothenburgian for "That's great!". Equip yourself with an overly optimistic outlook on life. Learn to pronounce the letter '?'. Don't bring a car, you won't have any use of it. Take the tram. Or the bus. Goes everywhere, all the time. Does not accept cash. Trams are fun. G?teborg likes to hit novice drivers over the head with trams. Watch the video to Madonnas Ray of Light. If you're afraid of the dark you won't like winter. Learn 24 hour clocks. Forget putting the date in the middle. Date always comes first or last. As an american, you are likely to start conversation with people you don't know. Swedes are unaccustomed to this, and even jovial gothenburgers may look at you like you are from another planet. Do not be alarmed. People are much more open in summer when there's light. We like to finish conversations with three to five "thank you" from both sides. Everyone speaks english. Fingers crossed you're accepted into the program!

Last edited:
G??????????????teborg! De va la roligt! That's a phrase you need to learn if you get here. It's gothenburgian for "That's great!". Equip yourself with an overly optimistic outlook on life. Learn to pronounce the letter '?'. Don't bring a car, you won't have any use of it. Take the tram. Or the bus. Goes everywhere, all the time. Does not accept cash. Trams are fun. G?teborg likes to hit novice drivers over the head with trams. Watch the video to Madonnas Ray of Light. If you're afraid of the dark you won't like winter. Learn 24 hour clocks. Forget putting the date in the middle. Date always comes first or last. As an american, you are likely to start conversation with people you don't know. Swedes are unaccustomed to this, and even jovial gothenburgers may look at you like you are from another planet. Do not be alarmed. People are much more open in summer when there's light. We like to finish conversations with three to five "thank you" from both sides. Everyone speaks english. Fingers crossed you're accepted into the program!

Oh good. I'm more ready than I thought. I won't be bringing a car, or buying one there since I'll be there for only one summer. I'm used to public transport here, and I've used the public transport systems in Europe quite a bit. I don't mind the dark. I've been using 24h time for years now, and I list the date first most of the time (my birthday is 15.02.1990). And I generally don't start conversations with random people (We actually just covered American's tendency to do so in my German class).