Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

There is a Maserati bi turbo in front of my house, Why would you buy that?

\o

There are two Porsche Cayennes at my University driven by students. (I think they look kind of ugly and oddly-shaped in my opinion.)

Some people really like cars even if they aren't really that great?

People at my university are BALLIN'. I have seen about two cars that are just as bad as my car (body damage, broken parts) at my University and that's about it. I've seen like 4 or 5 Nissan 350zs, a CTS, Cayennes, a semi-newer Carrera S, Plenty of "customized" ricer WRX's and Hondas, and plenty of newer Mercedes and BMWs like crazy.

Most of the cars are like brand new and/or are in nice condition if they are kind of older or cheaper cars (as in, not luxury).

My uni is pretty standard: Sentras, Kias, Eclipse Spyders and a oddly large numbers of Volvos. Just last week i was praising the campus' director new S40 (First gen).

Today it was picked on a tow truck.

Tried to visit the LeMons forum for the first time and got greeted with the message that i am a spammer. I wonder who raped my IP-number?

Same who did mine apparently

I love how sellers will insist common features are rare. For example: '84 Corvette, man says "crossfire injection (rare)". Isn't that on... all of them? Linky.

And no, I'm not considering getting a C4. Just doing some semi-regular trolling for drop tops I can't afford.

The only C4 I could ever want was Templeton peck's C4.

Last edited:
:yucky:

You'd think they would focus on things like, oh I don't know, making the steering wheel feel like it's connected to something. Instead they give it new taillights and pickup truck side mirrors. :rolleyes:

Those tails are so ridiculous, they look like two pairs of cool dude sunglasses.

I've always said facelifts just make the car uglier, and I've yet to find one instance where this isn't true. Can you guys think of a car where a mid-generation facelift actually improved the overall look?

Those tails are so ridiculous, they look like two pairs of cool dude sunglasses.

I've always said facelifts just make the car uglier, and I've yet to find one instance where this isn't true. Can you guys think of a car where a mid-generation facelift actually improved the overall look?

The X100 XK8/R comes to mind. Also, current Mustang.

Last edited:

2010 Mustang.

I saw a Quattroporte at school a while back.

(...and wondered if its owner was male, single, and a fan of bunnies.)

C4 Vette

X350/X358

Kia Spectra (First gen)

Frankly, the majority of examples of facelifts improving matters are MINOR facelifts - moving fog lights around, changing some front end vent configurations, that kind of shit.

You forgot to add "and not gay". :p
Of course!

No wai, you guys are high on crack, that must be it, yeah, crack, that's it.

Case closed.
Yeeeeah, they whooped that Mustang's taillights with the ugly stick, too. They look awkward and chopped-off now.

Never mind that I'm not a huge fan of those cars in the first place. I didn't think it was possible, but they made the Camaro look like even more of a turd. :(

If I'm going retro, I prefer cutesy-retro (the early new Minis, every 911 ever made, etc.). Oh, and things that look like they belong in 2010. That, too.

Last edited:
Frankly, the majority of examples of facelifts improving matters are MINOR facelifts - moving fog lights around, changing some front end vent configurations, that kind of shit.

See, I'm of the opposite viewpoint. I kind of agree with the 2010 Mustang, but then again that was a really major facelift and that's why I kind of agree that it was an improvement.

What I usually have a problem with is when they rearrange the light clusters or change the wheel/colour options just for the sake of variety. That's what usually ruins a car for me, because obviously there's a reason why the car was originally designed the way it was. It's when you fiddle with the details just to freshen things up that I think usually messes up the balance. I think BMW and Mercedes do some of the worst facelifts, and it's because they always focus on the small details - you end up with the same exact car, but it just somehow looks off and wrong.

So a piece of exhaust on my Jetta decided to free itself tonight, drove home sounding like Christine in that scene where it was all crispified, saw a cop on the side of the road and nearly shat myself because it was so loud and didn't want to get pulled over for something that the car did itself, lifting off was the only solution. I'm stuck with our '99 Sebring until my Dad can get the exhaust fixed, if it were summer I'd be more happy because it's a convertible but it's really rainy and cold so it sucks!

WP538.jpg

Inspiration?

There was some old guy on the television (if you can call Today Tonight that) last night, complaining about old people being treated badly and being stereotyped on the roads. He was saying that he doesn't want to be recognised as an old person, as it leads to frustration from other road users. Here's a tip, if you don't want to be recognised as a pensioner, don't buy a bloody Camry.

There was some old guy on the television (if you can call Today Tonight that) last night, complaining about old people being treated badly and being stereotyped on the roads. He was saying that he doesn't want to be recognised as an old person, as it leads to frustration from other road users. Here's a tip, if you don't want to be recognised as a pensioner, don't buy a bloody Camry.

The problem with stereotypes...

Would also help if he wasn't doing 20-30 under the limit in the fast lane with his outside blinker on.