Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Those tails are so ridiculous, they look like two pairs of cool dude sunglasses.

I've always said facelifts just make the car uglier, and I've yet to find one instance where this isn't true. Can you guys think of a car where a mid-generation facelift actually improved the overall look?

W201 190E. The sidecladding looks vastly superior to the thin black rubber strips down the side.

So a piece of exhaust on my Jetta decided to free itself tonight, drove home sounding like Christine in that scene where it was all crispified, saw a cop on the side of the road and nearly shat myself because it was so loud and didn't want to get pulled over for something that the car did itself, lifting off was the only solution. I'm stuck with our '99 Sebring until my Dad can get the exhaust fixed, if it were summer I'd be more happy because it's a convertible but it's really rainy and cold so it sucks!

I drove a '96 Sebring for 3 years.... not even a convertible! It honestly wasn't a bad car, just basic.

In other news, My workplace has a couple of parking spaces reserved for hybrids. I cringe every time I think about it, but this morning I got a chuckle:

WRX STi and Ram Hemi Quad Cab say fuck you, Prius.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thevictor390/2010/10/07/IMG_20101007_095522_002.jpg

Last edited:
Would also help if he wasn't doing 20-30 under the limit in the fast lane with his outside blinker on.

Your old people use blinkers? Never seen that happen.

Your old people use blinkers? Never seen that happen.

Misuse, yes. Sometimes they hit the indicator stalk by accident, or they forget to turn it off after making a lane change.

To make matters worse, I have the worst and most ghetto car on my street too.
Take it from someone who's owned probably a dozen beaters: Embrace it. :mrgreen:

Seriously, there is something kind of liberating about owning a beater. For instance, I dropped my VFR last week (low speed, tight corner ... hello gravel). Bike doesn't have any plastic on it anymore ... so there wasn't anything there to break. Except my mirror and clutch lever (which broke off completely). That made getting home interesting, but I'm only out like $20 for new levers, instead of hundreds for new plastics.

PS pump sounds like it's eating itself as well. Lame!
I know this is probably a dumb question, but you checked the fluid level, right? I've had some vehicles (Fords) that make the worst noises when they're low on power steering fluid.

Woot I got a second floor parking space today (I never get one on Tuesday/Thursday). Only because a Ford Escape parked just an inch over their line because of the awkwardness of the garage and on the other side was a newer BMW that was pushed over a bit in their parking space. I managed to give each car almost a foot of space between my car and their cars.

Yay for small older cars. (Sometimes.)

Last edited:
I am le sad.

In other news, shitty vehicle luck continues. GF's car's alternator shit the bed on the way home last night, ended up changing it via flashlight in a dark alleyway at night. :lol: PS pump sounds like it's eating itself as well. Lame!

It probably needs torqued a bit. :p

Beater cars lend themselves well to "Hey, watch this!"

...not that I would ever do such a thing. :angel:

I know this is probably a dumb question, but you checked the fluid level, right? I've had some vehicles (Fords) that make the worst noises when they're low on power steering fluid.

Yeah, fluid level is fine but the fluid itself is mad ugly, I might try flushing it first and see if that solves anything. PS fluid's pretty cheap.

It probably needs torqued a bit. :p

"Torques" is in danger of becoming BCS's "deer".

Hey, I did what I did, and I solidly deserve any abuse that comes with it. :lol:

[/ragequit]

I drove a '96 Sebring for 3 years.... not even a convertible! It honestly wasn't a bad car, just basic.

In other news, My workplace has a couple of parking spaces reserved for hybrids. I cringe every time I think about it, but this morning I got a chuckle:

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thevictor390/2010/10/07/IMG_20101007_095522_002.jpg

Waitwait......this got me thinking, they have been talking about this sort of crap over here aswell, what's the official definition of a hybrid again? (apart from steaming pile of excrement)
Cause if its 'a vehicle that can use two different sources of feul/power ' I'm gonna have a fieldday when they introduce that over here :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Waitwait......this got me thinking, they have been thinking about this sort of crap over here aswell, what's the official definition of a hybrid again?
Cause if its 'a vehicle that can use to different sources of feul' I'm gonna have a fieldday when they introduce that over here :rofl: :rofl:

That would actually be flexifuel. Hybrid = two different forms of power driving the car. So technically a car with a normal engine driving the wheels and a jet engine pushing from behind would classify technically as a hybrid...

Last edited:
That would actually be flexifuel. Hybrid = two different forms of power driving the car. So technically a car with a normal engine driving the wheels and a jet engine pushing from behind would classify technically as a hybrid...

Damn, back to the drawingboard........stupid technicalities :p

Hold on to that jetengine idea.

Last edited:
I wonder what that Ford Escape person thought of my parking next to their car earlier and the foot of space. When I went back to drop a book at my car it was gone and some black 'Stang had back-in parked in it's place. Now I just have a silly gap between the Stang and my car. And the BMW is still there. A really shiny BMW.

Though when I was walking down the aisle I saw a new Mazda3 sedan and a carbage Accord.

Also, that Mustang had damage at the doorhandle. I thought that was kind of weird considering it was a 5th gen. It was all scraped up and dented in just below the door handle.

Last edited:

[URL]https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thevictor390/2010/10/07/IMG_20101007_095522_002.jpg[/URL]

When I left today, there was a Prius parked next to the (now empty) Subaru's spot in a Handicap spot. I know the driver and he is not handicapped. We're such considerate people :lol:

The Logan Airport short-term parking has a whole section for Hybrids only. Way too much smug concentrated in one place.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/10/07/photo_1.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/10/07/photo_2.JPG

I'm sure the person that checks would have no idea if you take a 'hybrid' badge to your Hemi Ram. GM is making hybrid SUVs and pickups afterall.

There was also a used car dealer on Rt. 9 in MA called "Only Nice Hybrids" a sister dealer of "OnlyNiceCars.com"
Even more Smug there.