Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

ahem, the people complaining about mileage are driving Mitsubishi's, hardly an American muscle car

FYI I don't really care about my mileage as long as I can drive where I want when I want and have enough money to pay for fuel
y'all can do whatever the hell you want though, it's cool

FYI I don't really care about my mileage as long as I can drive where I want when I want and have enough money to pay for fuel

That is the most incredibly American-sounding thing I've ever seen you post :p.

That is the most incredibly American-sounding thing I've ever seen you post :p.

Next thing you know he starts living on burgers , forgets where everything is on a map and gets a pickuptruck :p

I care because I'm a poor college student that drives nearly 250 miles one way to go home (all at one time, I never take breaks!). I've gotten home with 1/8th of a tank left before. And the car has to stop more often when following my other relatives cars on trips. (So that means I lose them if they didn't notice I exited and I can't hope to catch up with them because they have better cars and I don't speed.) =P

ahem, the people complaining about mileage are driving Mitsubishi's, hardly an American muscle car

Part of that is the cars were designed for different markets and just dropped here for ease of sales. And then they told us that because the car has a smaller engine it would automatically get better mileage, which is not the case. Which is why the big torquey V8s still rule over here. Big V6s aren't to bad in most circumstances, but 4 poppers belong in motorcycles.

{ shrugs }

The highway mileage is awesome. I think I just have a lead foot in city traffic.

Next thing you know he starts living on burgers , forgets where everything is on a map and gets a pickuptruck :p

Speaking of which, why do you live in a waffle?

So, a $15 part such as a rear main seal, costs $300 to replace. At the same time, a $150 control arm costs only $35 to replace.

It's ironic isn't it?

So, a $15 part such as a rear main seal, costs $300 to replace. At the same time, a $150 control arm costs only $35 to replace.

It's ironic isn't it?

Automatic transmission bands are pretty cheap too. Doesn't matter how cheap it is if you need to tunnel to China to replace it.

It's ironic isn't it?

Not really, unless you're Alanis Morissette. :p But yes, little bits of rubber jammed in hard-to-get places are annoyingly time-consuming to replace.

Yeah, and there are far worse examples. I know of some $4 oil seals that cost $1200 to replace.

The ones at the very bowels of the engine are usually the expensive ones to replace.

I saw the strangest Buick (from the same kind of roundy era as PunisherBass's) today. I think it was a LeSabre, but in many places, it had a gold "Great Lakes Edition" medallion where the Buick symbol would usually go. How on earth did that one get to Texas? :lol: And is the Great Lakes area kind of like China--they eat up so many Buicks that they get their own special trim level?

I saw the strangest Buick (from the same kind of roundy era as PunisherBass's) today. I think it was a LeSabre, but in many places, it had a gold "Great Lakes Edition" medallion where the Buick symbol would usually go. How on earth did that one get to Texas? :lol: And is the Great Lakes area kind of like China--they eat up so many Buicks that they get their own special trim level?

The great lakes are on the North Eastern border of USA and Canada. It's where Niagra falls and Chicago are.

The great lakes are on the North Eastern border of USA and Canada. It's where Niagra falls and Chicago are.

I know--hence the "hmm...you're far from home" thought.

I think the Great Lakes Edition is a dealer specific thing. And the "long way from home" works in the opposite direction too. My Buick Roadmaster was originally bought in Texas.

Speaking of which, why do you live in a waffle?

A waffle? I live in a house like normal people , most people here do aswell :p

I think I'm missing something here :dunno: