Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The Germans do have a sense of humour!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytGf5uvvrrY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I already know about that. Look at where the guy's located - there's not a chance in hell I wouldn't know about it, especially since I bought my Series III's transmission conversion kit from the guy.

Anyone who does that to their E-Type will be appropriately punished when they go to sell it and discover nobody wants it and that what they thought was a $30-60K-plus car is now worth about $5K. Also, if they used that particular kit, it's pretty easy to convert the car back to a V12.

I don't think he minds- he didn't start calling me a heretic and cast evil Jag spells on me when I sent him some links for possible projects- one of those links was for a 350 powered XJ-12.

But, then again...

:ph34r:

Nobody cares about the Series II XJ12s being converted. :p

Last edited:
I finally discovered why do people here drive Japanese econoboxes, it' because if you buy a nice car you WILL die

this has been the third businessman that has been killed because he was driving a ?luxury? vehicle. the car in question:

800px-Toyota_Hilux_Double_Cab_3.0_D-4D_front.jpg

on many instances people have been kidnapped just because of their car and one can only help but think: ?what would they do to you should you drive a proper luxury, baller-ass car?? so i will only be able to procure myself a proper car until, if everything goes as planned, go to live to the U.S of A

whats your opinion of 350 Series III XJ6 conversions?

Unless you're doing it to put another engine with a *lot* more power in, which most of the people doing it aren't (they seem to install mostly 150hp 305cid V8s), then those doing such a thing should be burned at the stake, drawn, quartered, and burned again.

Especially funny is when the idiots claim they're doing it to get rid of an 'unreliable' engine when the Series III XJ6's engine is almost never the cause of problems with the car anyway.

on many instances people have been kidnapped just because of their car and one can only help but think: ?what would they do to you should you drive a proper luxury, baller-ass car?? so i will only be able to procure myself a proper car until, if everything goes as planned, go to live to the U.S of A

I watched something on this about a company in Mexico. Aren't they supposed to have armored cars and security guards and stuff in order to not die?

My old 323 has come back for sale; I just noticed the ad for it. It's had some newer audio fitted and has gained very dubious-looking wheeltrims.
The chav has only had it for a couple of months.

I don't want it back :lol:

Just got my first speed camera ticket. Fuck you very much Washington DC.

I watched something on this about a company in Mexico. Aren't they supposed to have armored cars and security guards and stuff in order to not die?

The problem is that they target anyone that has a fancy car. won a Prado in a raffle. targeted, got a kickass deal in a frontier, targeted. you were promoted in your company and the office and they kindly let you drive the company's Mitsubishi montero. TARGETED DAMMIT

it's because of this that Miami is going to get a ?little Tegucigalpa? eventually

I decided having 3 power leads for my radio and other stuff cheaply spliced into one mystery accessory power lead under the dash was a bit much. Spent the morning driving all over town trying to find a fuse panel to add a secondary one, finally the last stop- Radio Shack, had everything I needed. Anyway, I now have a properly relay powered and fused accessory panel for my things and a lot less paranoia about spontaneous fire.

Though the "911" graphic on the first one is rare as hell, and completely mindblowingly awesome. Porsche needs to bring THAT back.

gt3_rs6.jpg

:blink: