Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

After the Rotary event on Saturday, I kinda want a RX-8 now. The older model, not the current ones. Don't think I'd be able to afford it though but that would be sweet to own one!

So...this one?

06807051990001-480.jpg

Or like...Rx-7s? As Rx-8s never really changed body wise minus a couple of facelifts. Newest being the HAPPAH model.

Yea that body style. The new 8's have the stupid grin that all Mazdas now have. RX-7's are too pricey used.

how is is possible that you've only covered 57,000 miles in such an old car?

Unless the real number is 257,000, and you can't tell because it only goes to 100k :p

From wind tunnel testing:

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

A bit ghetto, but it works. Final endplates will, obviously, not be made from MDF. And there'll be a rear wing mount actually going to the car :p

Figures suggest this year's aero package should kick ass :cool:

I took a detour while driving home from my holiday location in Saarburg, because the B257 is a magnificent road. (And last sunday I was there for the Eifelrennen, which were breathtakingly awesome)

^hellz yes. I once drove to the ring and decided to do the "let's not drive the entire motorway but get off at an early exit and drive the twisty bits".... B257 is the BEST road i've driven on so far...even in my crappy Astra it was just awesome.

I love the fact that Ford automatics have the sequential-part the right way around (pull back to change up, push forward too change down), unlike any other automatic i have seen. It actually made me want an automatic, even tho i usually hate automatics.

Attachments

• 77_-1597513642.jpg
    77_-1597513642.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 56
I want holidays too...

the B257 is a magnificent road
B257 is the BEST road i've driven on so far
Oh yeah. There are better roads, but that one is really good, especially for a B which usually are a lot less twisted.
I always took the B 257 on my way to the southwest instead of going round the faster autobahn way. Sadly, the best bits of that road are south of the Ring, so I don't see them anymore...

I love the fact that Ford automatics have the sequential-part the right way around (pull back to change up, push forward too change down), unlike any other automatic i have seen. It actually made me want an automatic, even tho i usually hate automatics.

This is how my Mazda works.

Yea that body style. The new 8's have the stupid grin that all Mazdas now have. RX-7's are too pricey used.

I don't know what your price range is, but just for reference my 2006 with 27k miles fully loaded had an asking price of $16,700, and sold for considerably less than that ;)

hellz yes! The only auto i ever drove was a smart, and it had the logic that up = upshift, and down = downshift, which is just ANNOYING.

took me forever to get used to it. Also bigass wide braking pedals are fail. When you're used to a manual car, and are about to stop, you automatically want to declutch with your left foot, and end up stomping the brake pedal... :lol:

I don't know what your price range is, but just for reference my 2006 with 27k miles fully loaded had an asking price of $16,700, and sold for considerably less than that ;)

Yeah, but yours is an automatic, which automatically lowers the price. ;) It's great how the $900 or so option of an automatic actually hurts the resale value of certain sports cars; heck, I managed to sell my MR2 for $500 more than I bought it, even after putting 40k miles on it, just by changing it from automatic to manual.