Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

lol... was driving behind a mazda 6 today with a trailer... suddenly it lost its trailer! luckily we weren't going "very" fast (60kmh thereabouts im guessing) and the trailer hung on by the power cable swirving. mazda 6 driver handled it pretty nice it seemed... noticed it almost instantly and started slowing down slowly and not hammering the brakes.

Last edited:
lol... was driving behind a mazda 6 today with a trailer... suddenly it lost its trailer! luckily we weren't going "very" fast (60kmh thereabouts im guessing) and the trailer hung on by the power cable swirving. mazda 6 driver handled it pretty nice it seemed... noticed it almost instantly and started slowing down slowly and not hammering the brakes.

I had something similar happen to me. I didn't secure the hitch well enough and it "jumped" off. Luckily I had a chain tied around it and wasn't going all too fast.

i've seen a lot more veyrons than i have seen enzo's :shock:

It's the Grand Sport that was in town, the targa top Veyron. Last year regular Veyrons were approved for sale here as well so those exist too, but it's the Grand Sport that I spotted driving near my university once and was gobsmacked.

:lol:
The power of the internets!

Now find the crash site! :p

Last edited:
V10 engine swap. Hell yes!

Best 7 Series ever made!

don't do that.

7 series? sure that's not a 5
goes closer to screen, yes definately a 5!
but he knows his cars, he wouldn't make that mistake.
am i that wrong?
god damn! he's talking about the car next to it :lol:

or how to loose 5 minutes on one post :p

The guy had it moved to another dealership for a more honest analysis. So the dealership it's at isn't the one responsible.

I know that, I was just joking about finding things related to the event.

don't do that.

7 series? sure that's not a 5
goes closer to screen, yes definately a 5!
but he knows his cars, he wouldn't make that mistake.
am i that wrong?
god damn! he's talking about the car next to it :lol:

or how to loose 5 minutes on one post :p

Heh, at least you did the hard work for me. Mine went something like:

'7 series? Huh? Maybe it's an oblique quip about how a crashed 5 series looks better than a Bangle 7er...*reads bone's post* ahh, the car next to it' :p

Bike riders, I need your thoughts (this is the automotive forum but I know we have a few bikers here)

First off some info : First of all, I'm not the "biker" type, I always preferred 4 wheels to 2. I have nearly no riding experience except from 10+ years ago when I was mucking around on a borrowed 50cc bike from a friend, of mine, that somehow looked like a 125cc race replica, and had a ridiculous amount of gears (I think 7, which is far too much for something with a topspeed of 90 kph).... however, I am drawn to something like this

I'll explain further...
I have a car, and so does my wife. Since we have a child together, and another one on the way (go me),she has this MPV like thing which she loves. I also have my car, which basically is a fun car for me (yes, it's still a diesel hatchback, this is how sad it is...) but mostly serves as my daily driver.

My daily drive is just a traffic jam , 30 kms and then the same to get home.... In one way you could say it's a waste driving a car with 130 hp when the fastest you ever drive is 30 kph.... you may also say that it's a waste because I am paying roadtax, insurance, fuel, etc for something I don't use most of the time.... you may ALSO say that it's a waste since this car technically holds 5 people (or 4 if I'm realistic) + has a big boot, and 90% of the time I'm alone inside it....

Is such a bike a viable alternative? I'm asking since I'm looking for a way to speed up my drive to work, and save me money in the meantime. Another bonus is that these scooter type things can be driven/ridden in our country without a special driving licence for bikes....(which I could get if I wanted to, but I can't really be arsed to pay money, get lessons, do the test, etc)

Also, what would be a good 'starter' bike? Is 125 ccs too slow? I want to be able to drive on the highways and not get in people's way, but I also don't want to fall off at a million kph and die horribly.....

thoughts?

I suggest you take that one to the General Motorbikers Thread. The discussion would be a bit more involved than should be in here. Suffice it to say, a bike is probably a good idea in the scenario you've given, but what bike and what size is a discussion in and of itself.

I want to be able to drive on the highways and not get in people's way, but I also don't want to fall off at a million kph and die horribly....

Highway will be difficult with a 125cc scooter, I reckon. My 125cc bike with about the same power barely manages 100 kph. For the second part, even the biggest "maxi scooters" aren't really powerful or fast by bike standards... for example, Honda's most powerful scooter, the Silver Wing, has 37kW. Compared to that, Honda's CBF600, which is considered to be a timid middle class bike well suited to beginners, comes with 57kW.

After much consideration, my dad has decided to give me the sadistic course in driving. I'm scared, excited,but scared