Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Forester XT

Nissan Elgrand

2nd Gen Cube

And, thankfully, what looks like a group of newly minted shitboxes due for American in the lower left corner. oh wait, they make regular grey boxes that aren't Camrys in Japan too.

White BMW...brown volvo...is that a G-Wiz on the lower right in black?

Toyota Noah, BMW X5, Nissan Murano...a few I spotted...

Well, considering that the price is so low, the ad has every trim level in the F150 lineup but STX, and the seller listed a gmail address but no phone number, I think the ad is the Craigslist equivalent of the text message I got this afternoon telling me I won ?418,000.

In other words, a scam.

Well, considering that the price is so low, the ad has every trim level in the F150 lineup but STX, and the seller listed a gmail address but no phone number, I think the ad is the Craigslist equivalent of the text message I got this afternoon telling me I won ?418,000.

In other words, a scam.

Yah, it was flagged for removal when I tried to click on it. Typical scam. :/

The Optima is HOW much over there????

Geez, no wonder the .au car market is so screwed up.

It is indeed screwed up. Still half what an IS350 costs. It should be noted perhaps that we only get the absolute top-spec Optima, due to 'supply issues' with the cheaper ones.

Fixed it! (Kudos to Redliner for helping me solve the problem and fuck you Windows Live Movie Maker, Quicktime is not supported if you kill the sound!)

I included a bit of speaking at the beginning so you have something for comparison. I had to go hide behind a supermarket because of the wind.

Bloody hell, I've been on trains that have weaker horns than that! :p

It is indeed screwed up. Still half what an IS350 costs. It should be noted perhaps that we only get the absolute top-spec Optima, due to 'supply issues' with the cheaper ones.

Yeah, as in 'we don't want to supply them'. :p

Still.. Geez. The top spec one here is only $26K and appears to include some stuff you don't get.

Last edited:
Yeah, as in 'we don't want to supply them'. :p

Still.. Geez. The top spec one here is only $26K and appears to include some stuff you don't get.

Yeah ok, we know the Australian car market is rubbish, no need to rub it in. We get hit over the head with it everytime someone posts a thread in the 'Post your cars' section :p

I thought you'd know by now that cars over there are damn cheap. Obscenely cheap, even. :p

Be better if you guys would just learn to drive on the right side of the road, then you'd have a lot more selection. :p

Be better if you guys would just learn to drive on the right side of the road, then you'd have a lot more selection. :p
Yeah, yeah. :p That's not the only reason, being in the middle of nowhere has something to do with it. And cars in Europe where they drive on that weird and unusual side of the road are just as expensive, so I think it's just the US with their rather vulgarly cheap cars :p

Well, we also don't have ridicu-tax on everything, either. Less tax, lower prices, more commerce, higher volumes, lower prices, etc., etc.

Correct, saw that link earlier from an Optima forum i lurk on btw..interesting read, all Optima's are coming out of one plant in Korea for global consumption....as a result cars are extremely hard to come by. Even in the us, KIA US is jocking corporate for more cars....its one reason why Optima SX's (the sporty one with the turbo standard) are in limited markets here and are seemingly sold within a few days of arriving at dealers. People are having a hard time finding them, and if they are, not having a lot of luck moving the price significantly below MSRP

If I had to choose between the lexus and the optima....i'd go with optima....it looks to be the nicer car inside and out. I do wish the full color MFD was in EX cars too...instead of SX and Hybrid models only. The uplevel cluster looks nicer than the standard one.

Yeah, yeah. :p That's not the only reason, being in the middle of nowhere has something to do with it. And cars in Europe where they drive on that weird and unusual side of the road are just as expensive, so I think it's just the US with their rather vulgarly cheap cars :p

Cheapest car here is 9995 iirc (nissan versa...could be accent now as they're in a bit of a low end price war) ..wonder whats the cheapest in Australia?

Last edited:
Around here the two cheapest are Dacia and Fiat: 7k? will get you a Sandero, 7.5k? will get you a Panda.