Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Figure the spare tire sits in the middle (either under the floor of the trunk or winced up under the car). The fuel needs a filler neck to get it into the tank, typically one wouldn't want to put hot exhaust right next to the fuel system, even with a heat shield. It's just easier to route the exhaust around the other side of the spare.

Thats what I figured but wanted confirmation. The FG HiveMind comes through again. Thanks :)

I think I made my car mad today. Back in November it was losing coolant so I added stop leak. All was well up until last week when I started to notice coolant loss again.

So today I redid the procedure - I added the second half of the stop leak to the radiator by disconnecting the upper radiator hose. And now I have a leak from the connection between the hose and the radiator. I will get a new hose and hope it stops. I am pretty sure this is still the original hose. After 17 years it's probably time to change it.

(By the way I plan on changing the upper hose without draining the coolant, so it will be quite a show and a mess)

Yikes, maybe it somehow became self aware and found out you were thinking of replacing it, so its doing this as a act of revenge? :lol:

I RECEIVED A LETTER FOR A RECALL!!!!

:lmao:

apparently on some astra's, the horn might fail, and it needs to be repaired :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-...y-price-is-right/story-e6frfmd9-1226031256322

Ergh, do 10 000 people really want a brand new car so badly they'd be willing to buy Great Walls? I'd sooner pay the same amount for a used HiLux or Territory or whatever these things are supposed to compete against.

Awkwardly the X240 or whatever that shitty 4x4 is, is in the same class as the Rav-4, ix35 and so on. A Kia Sportage is only a couple of grand more and, unlike the 'It's not good' Wall, it's not shit.

Hmm so my mum says that she wants to get the Kangoo checked out, and if the list of things needed to pass its next MOT is too big; I might be able to have it (it has an MOT until December). Weirdly enough, that would be absolutely awesome. And probably the best gift ever (for me).

Canuck no longer has a big red pickup truck!

Fortunately I'll be taking ownership of my new car within a matter of weeks. I'd like to think Finalgear will be very happy with the replacement. It's significantly smaller, European, and hatchy.

I RECEIVED A LETTER FOR A RECALL!!!!

:lmao:

apparently on some astra's, the horn might fail, and it needs to be repaired :lol:

Think I should send them the specs on the horn array I built?

Any problems with the autos on the E36 318i? There's a nicely priced 1998 318i Touring here, but it's an auto.

*walks away shaking head*

*walks away shaking head*

Haha saw this coming. Priorities change man. Truck was a fun toy on a lease, meanwhile this is a car I'll probably be keeping for years and years. Besides I'll be doing my first track days ever this summer at Mosport and this should be awesome.

Edit: Besides that truck was too fancy anyways, perhaps I can afford a beater in a year or two

Last edited:
I'm really jelous that you guys have trackdays back east.

The only reaceway near here is mission and they don't do trackdays. I'd love for the VPD and the provicial government to step up and find someone interested in building a track for public use. They're always saying streetracing is a problem, well, here's a chance to change that.

Niiiiice!

Using the cruise control at 210 kph (on the A 45...) was fun for about 2 seconds, then I realized that at that speed I like direct throttle control better because lifting the right foot is the default reaction if somethng comes up ahead.