Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You can't pour out the window when moving, or rather <b>I</b> can't as I have the seat all the way up to reach the pedals while SITTING. I cannot even reach my mirror while sitting, never mind try to pour on the windshield. If I don't get that fixed I have to pull over and wash it every time it gets dirty, which is every 15 seconds with the pollen like this.

the hood latch is complicated and a 2 part latch in front. If I do anything like tape to it, it's not going to open if I don't fuck with a coat hanger or something. I just got the fucking hood repainted I am not wrecking that, the new latch from a dealer is far cheaper than repainting the hood AGAIN.

Why does a Honda Fit need 15" or 16" wheels?

Why does a Honda Fit need 15" or 16" wheels?

Because according to the owner of a kia rio I dug out last winter, it is hard to find snow tires in smaller sizes.

I have come to the insight that i really love the rough idle of a V8 with a meaner-then-standard camshaft.

[video=youtube;Pya-6EiAxzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pya-6EiAxzU[/video]

I came to that insight long ago friend. Welcome to the club! :D

I need one of those, I wouldn't even need to drive it, I'd just let it idle and burn gas for no other reasons than to please my ears.

I'm in the same boat sadly. I can't exactly justify selling the dammed thing over a "loose connection" etc. Plus id make peanuts off of the dammed thing anyway due to the odo being broken, very small roof leak at the rear window, and pillar trim that suddenly decided to pop off the sides of the car. I work so id need a car immediately after selling the one I have (as in literally the same or next day) In my case I think its better to save up as much as I can then once I have say, 2k, I put the car up for sale.

The problem with this theory is that usually a car in such a state will continue to nickel and dime you to death and you won't be able to save up money as you are constantly blowing it on repairs.

I'm watching Motorweek, I know :yawn:, but they reviewed the new 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD. I'm sold, I want one. They finally got rid of those giant parrot beak looking front grills and toned it down quite a bit. The performance it great with the 3.7L V6 and it's surprisingly economical, all things considered.

I had to double check and make sure you posted the newest TL.... the one from your photo looks like it has a slightly shrunken version of that same ghastly grille. :dunno:

I used to really Acura myself, liked that they were a bit more entry level than bona fide luxury brands. But somehow they stopped appealing to me, I'm thinking a mixture of their love affair with FWD (SH-AWD aside) and that I started to find their designs really not to my liking right around the time the first Acura got the silver plastic grille (not sure, was it the MDX or the previous TL that had it first?).

I had to double check and make sure you posted the newest TL.... the one from your photo looks like it has a slightly shrunken version of that same ghastly grille. :dunno:

All car companies seem to want some sort of design element that passes from model to model. The oversized parrot beak grill seemed to be Acura's idea, but it was way too much. They toned it down enough to be tasteful, imo. They obviously still want a design element to share between models, so they're trying to make it work. Either way though, I think it's a vast improvement.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/05/21/2011-acura-tl-.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/05/21/2012-Acura-TL-Black-Edition.jpg

Top is the original current-gen TL, bottom is the face-lifted one on sale now.

I agree that it's a huge improvement, I still don't think it looks good though.

Top is the 2011, bottom is the 2012.

darn, beat to the punch

I like that they kept the same wheels, they look nice. Pretty sure they're factory upgrades, right?

I like that they kept the same wheels, they look nice. Pretty sure they're factory upgrades, right?

Correct, here's the base wheels:

http://img839.imageshack.**/img839/1944/33394787.png

I will say that the new nose is a vast improvement, it looks loads better.

I have come to the insight that i really love the rough idle of a V8 with a meaner-then-standard camshaft.

Welcome to the dark side, there's some priusdriver left in the fridge if you are hungry. :p

Guys, I am pretty sure I uncovered a big secret! Spectre lied about his location!

I was at a wedding in Northern Virginia yesterday and I drove past a house that had six Series 3 XJ's parked in the front yard :lol: