Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Clearly it is for going sideways.

That racing stripe is the wrong way round :tease:

FIA stripe, ya whippersnapper. :p (Sorta.)

18037Viking_Blue_and_Yellow.jpg

Just found out I have to look for car insurance, brilliant..can't wait to see what wallet rape that'll be...

Your car isn't insured?

It is insured, I'm on my parents policy. Somehow they've decided to jack up the rates due to me being on it. I didn't do much wrong, save for getting pulled over last semester but that was nothing more than a warning and a fix it ticket *shrugs*

EDIT: 35.84 per month isn't too bad...i assume that's w/out taxes and fees and crap though...

Last edited:
Change them. It's not hard nor expensive.

Oh I'm changing them anyways, need to (aswell as all 4 tyres) if I want to pass the yearly inspection, I'm just wondering whether 65K kms is more "dude that's way long" or "what? already" in terms wear...

Good news for people who want an Austin Maestro, but also want a car that looks like a Subaru Forester or Kia Sorento. Your dreams are in China.

EDIT: 35.84 per month isn't too bad...i assume that's w/out taxes and fees and crap though...

I would kill for $35.84/month. I pay $179/month for pretty standard coverage on a Subcompact and thats including my 40% that cames from 8 years of incident free driving.

I would kill for $35.84/month. I pay $179/month for pretty standard coverage on a Subcompact and thats including my 40% that cames from 8 years of incident free driving.

I'm shocked that its so low too, but you probably have collision and stuff on your Accent since it's relatively new and stuff. I'd have the most basic coverage available + roadside assistance because my car's old as dirt.

"In the next 10 years" goal---

1. Put this:

ls2TT.jpg

2. In this:

IMG_4199.jpg

3. Let the haters hate. (For those that don't understand, twin turbo LSX aka Chevy motor in Ford's worshiped late model Slowbra.)

Last edited:

WOW. I paid $130/m for my Z28 with full coverage, only 21 (sold it before I turned 22). I plan on owning another Camaro, so I asked what it would be with the Focus and a similar Camaro...$68/m is the lowest I found. I own the Focus so only got liability there and then full coverage on the Camaro. For best insurance rates be: 25, married, homeowner.

I approve! Doooo Itttt! :D

In other words, it's a terrible idea and you shouldn't do it. After all, if rickhamilton likes it... :p

For best insurance rates be: 25, married, homeowner.

For best insurance rates be: Over 25, married, homeowner, no kids and be insuring a motorcycle. Liability only on the 919 is less than $100... per year. :evil: At least for me - married/homeowners get it even cheaper.

Last edited:
Good news for people who want an Austin Maestro, but also want a car that looks like a Subaru Forester or Kia Sorento. Your dreams are in China.

Remember Sichuan Yema? They bought the Austin Maestro platform from FAW who bought it from the Qingdao based ETsong Tobacco Company when they decided to get into the car making game when cig sales started going south, of course they bought it from a Bulgarian firm who bought it from MG-Rover.

scannersexplodinghead.gif

I approve! Doooo Itttt! :D

Shouldn't be too hard. Haven't done much research, but it can't be much different from the people who have swapped an LSX in a 2v new edge body. They share the same T56 tranny, yet I've heard they aren't worth trying to convert to work with an LSX. At least I know the tunnel will be big enough...and the engine bay. OHV in place of where the giant blown DOHC will work great, even with 2 hair dryers hanging off it. Would want a solid rear axle swap too. Definitely move the godawful shifter location of the Mustang.

Guess who just joined the Limp-Wrist Miata Brigade?

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/06/27/257929_10100124375442466_5525513_47648198_5626410_o.jpg

Pics and thread to come soon.

That racing stripe is the wrong way round :tease:

That is his sash. :p