Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Some of you might like this...

RGBhr_H5099.jpg

Released on the 7th of July.

Last edited:
No ones likes that, it's Haynes.

For fuck's sake. This is not a laughing/joking/emoticon matter anymore. At this point you're just self-harming by holding onto the car any longer, and unlike blood dripping off a slashed wrist, the damage you're doing to yourself is not as obvious. Of course, if past experience is any indication, you'll shrug off this warning just like every single piece of advice given to you by people far more knowledgeable and experienced than either you or me, but it's the absolute most that a mere internet acquaintance can do. Scrap. That. Car.

Yeah I'm as convinced as ever that it's time for it to go...:(

So you can spend untold amounts of money fixing a broken car, or you can patch it for the moment only to have effectively thrown that money away, or you can get cash in your pocket to help towards something that either sucks less or sucks better.

True, there comes a point where costs are more than the return...i've definetly not broke as even as i thought. (Hey I did learn something from business school! :lol:)

That tire shows very serious sign of dry rot and damage from underinflation. Do you do any kind of maintenance or at least take it to a shop that does???? If you touch your tires and your hand turns black is an indication of rot.

I'm an anomaly here among FG in that, while I love cars, I know comparatively little about their inner workings. As such, I have most maintenance done at a small shop by my school who's been more than fair and reasonable whenever I've brought it in, seemingly when something breaks or it's car inspection time.

I had the car inspected this fall, per usual. It needed brakes but it passed with flying colors beyond that.

Eww Sebring...my eyes :|

No ones likes that, it's Haynes.

:lol:

Lamborghini lifting noses: good for the drivers, dreadful for pictures
5963166863_b47977c1d8_z.jpg

I noticed this in the local classifieds. Pretty sure it must be a joke.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hb/hbriz/2011/07/22/photo_002.JPG

For starters, that is insane cheap for an Evo VII. Secondly, one lady owner, and the personalised number plate "LES80N". And not to mention the "sports muff".

Strange, because normally they would stick to Lesbarus.

Pretty sure it must be a joke.

For starters, that is insane cheap for an Evo VII. Secondly, one lady owner salvage title needs TLC, and the personalised number plate "LES80N".

FTFY

:p

JK

I'm imagining though that if I ring the number I will be greeted by an extremely large and masculine lesbian lady called Jennifer. Or someone pretending to be said person.

SO IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL TERM. I see. makes me feel both better to know i don't suffer alone but worse that it has proliferated as such.

EDIT: not Jennifer. a more asexual name like Pat or Sam.
It's not common, but I'm doing my best to spread it :p

Also yes, I would agree with Pat.

I first heard it in California... back in the late 1980 and early 1990s. So it's been around a long, long time.

Last edited:
I need to sell my car. NOW.

Back in 2004 or so, Car Talk ran a survey to find out what the ultimate gay and lesbian cars were.

#1 Lesbian Car? The Lesb-, er, Subaru Outback.

Amusingly, the ultimate gay car back then was the VW Jetta followed by the Beetle and then the BMW 3 series. The Miata came in fifth.

This does explain who was buying the gasser/non-turbo Jettas. :p

The comments they received are amusing to read as well.

And, despite all the heavy marketing they did to gays, the Jaguar X-Type does not appear anywhere on the list. Gay and lesbian people were too smart to fall for that stupid pandering - at least smart enough to see that the product was crap.

Last edited:
Amusingly, the ultimate gay car back then was the VW Jetta followed by the Beetle and then the BMW 3 series. The Miata came in fifth.

This does explain who was buying the gasser/non-turbo Jettas. :p

:| Well..that explains things then....(I still insist that I WILL have a Jetta (non elcheapo current car) one day!)

Last edited:
:| Well..that explains things then....(I still insist that I WILL have a Jetta (non elcheapo current car) one day!)

Of course you will. It's an awful car, naturally you like it. :p

Has your Saturn been sent to the scrappers yet?

OK now I think Spectre hates that car with a passion. That's kinda sad.

Of course you will. It's an awful car, naturally you like it. :p

Has your Saturn been sent to the scrappers yet?

It's parked in my mom's driveway atm. Hopefully to be scrapped sooner rather than later. Haven't moved it since that day, my uncle's been graciously letting me use his 96 Avalon when I need to go places this weekend.

Drive it...it's pretty easy to hate.

At this point the only redeeming quality is that it's 80% of it is dent-resistant. That and perhaps it corners well...that's it.

At this point the only redeeming quality is that it's 80% of it is dent-resistant. That and perhaps it corners well...that's it.
Unless a tire explodes. :p

No, I'm trying to get him to dump it before he becomes the forum's first fatality due to stupidity.

No, it doesn't corner well. None of those SL1s do.

Unless a tire explodes. :p

Which it probably will, if the one he sent us pictures of is representative of what it has on the opposite wheel (as I recall he replaced them in axle sets.)

No, it doesn't corner well. None of those SL1s do.
Come on, Rick's never driven a car that does corner well. Nor has he driven one that could be loosely described as good in any way, otherwise he would have gotten rid of that shitheap ages ago :p