Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Based on an unscientific Autotrader search, it seems the most common used manual V6 Toyotas on sale today are the Tacoma and the FJ Cruiser.
Either one with a factory-warrantied TRD supercharger would be quite something. Just sayin'.

What other models were built in that config in serious numbers? Probably the 4Runner but I can't think of any that might be out there and changing hands often.

There's a very small number of Camries and Camry Solaras in that configuration; any of those that got wrecked were cannibalized for MR2 swaps.

Either one with a factory-warrantied TRD supercharger would be quite something. Just sayin'.
:hmm:

Mazda is as guilty as any of this. Skyactiv is just their way of telling dumb people that their new cars have modernized engines because the real details would bore most to death. And that's not how you sell cars. To anyone but me, at least.
To be fair to Mazda, SkyActiv Technology is more than just engine tech. Transmissions, the vehicle platform itself, various forms of "fueling" tech (there's SkyActiv Hybrid and SkyActiv CNG powertrains now) it's a holistic approach.

Nissan "Pure Drive" though....I really don't see what that means. At all.

Edit: apparently it indicates models with low CO2 emissions. OK.

Not as bad as Honda.

Nzejic6l.jpg

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

:shock:

Thanks Corporal Obvious. What's your point?

There are people who buy domestic only. Once they saw their brand (MY BRAND!) come out with something cool and "eco friendly", they jumped on it.

Plus, if their marketing for a stout and reliable turbo engine worked so well, why aren't they around anymore?

There are people who buy domestic only. Once they saw their brand (MY BRAND!) come out with something cool and "eco friendly", they jumped on it.
Oh, we're changing the subject to domestic only? In that case, GM's Ecotec engines came out before that.
Plus, if their marketing for a stout and reliable turbo engine worked so well, why aren't they around anymore?
Speaking of changing the subject. The conversation was about "first", not "working well". Saab's marketing has been weird at best and silly at worst.

Oh, we're changing the subject to domestic only? In that case, GM's Ecotec engines came out before that.

Not trying to change the subject, just trying to relate as to why fords market scheme did better than saabs did.

Yeah but Saab is not a 'murican brand.

Choose your flavor.

[video=youtube;Wu3-QqQHK08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3-QqQHK08[/video]

Last edited:
What's the best way to clean up a dusty panel before painting? Thinners and a clean rag? Is there a better way?

Alok got caught by Boosted Boris. ;)

What's the best way to clean up a dusty panel before painting? Thinners and a clean rag? Is there a better way?

I think you are correct, with the thinners and lint free cloth. I think the spray painters have lots of things, like blowing over with just air before applying a coat etc.

Tack cloth?

I think you are correct, with the thinners and lint free cloth. I think the spray painters have lots of things, like blowing over with just air before applying a coat etc.

Thanks, it's only a brush paint job on the fresh metal and inner panels on Keely so no need to get too carried away, the inner panels were caked in mud that has just left dust everywhere. I'm using Poundland brushes so that should give you an idea of the level we're working at. :D

Saw a Lada 2107 on the highway today, going about 70 (didn't know they could go that fast) in the rain.