Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I don't always race people... but when I'm merging onto the highway and there's a Shelby F150 behind me, well...

Inside my head I could hear Brian's voice: "Don't do it LeVeL! He's got over a hundred grand under the hood of that car!"

But I did it. And I lost. All I could hear was the supercharger whine. Apparently those things have 700hp. I need NOS, two of the big ones.

Too bad there is a nation-wide nitrous shortage right now...

I don't always race people... but when I'm merging onto the highway and there's a Shelby F150 behind me, well...

Inside my head I could hear Brian's voice: "Don't do it LeVeL! He's got over a hundred grand under the hood of that car!"

But I did it. And I lost. All I could hear was the supercharger whine. Apparently those things have 700hp. I need NOS, two of the big ones.

Rofl what car were you in?

Idk, it's a big truck! I need a GTR or something.

Well, you insist on driving a FWD Camcord-classer with leather, this is what's going to happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Dafuq did you expect from a stupid high powered truck?

He expected VTEC would kick in, yo, and deliver him to victory. :p He bought the wrong Honda product if he wants to defeat Shelby-modified F-150s.

Last edited:
Trucks are getting really fast. Even OE ones.

Not enough. If we have to, overnight parts from Ja-pan.

Massachusetts can eat a bag of dicks.

Google decided to get hopelessly confused and direct me onto US-1 North instead of I-93 south TWICE. Of course, it put me on US-1 right before a toll bridge. And Massachusetts, being the forward thinking jackholes they are, decided they aren't going to have toll booths in their state anymore. All EZ-Pass or extortionately expensive Pay-by-plate.

So now I need to wait for them to send me an invoice. If they can make sense of any of the license plates on the rig, that is. The front plate is inset a good bit due to damage and faces kind of downwards, the trailer plate is mounted sideways, bent, on the fender, and the one in the middle is tucked up underneath the bed where it can't be seen from above.

Managed to fuck up one or both of the rear wheel speed sensors on the BRZ today while installing extended lugs and now the car is stuck in limp mode. My only hope is I can get it fixed this week otherwise I'm likely going to be out the registration cost for the track day next sunday.

Speed sensor? Is that part of the ABS system? Could you perhaps pull the abs fuse and get rid of limp mode?

Incidentally: 15mpg diesel in the Ram. Loaded. Unloaded. Whatever. Down about 2MPG from where the pickup variant usually lives. I might think about some aero skirts to see if I can pick those back up.

Speed sensor? Is that part of the ABS system? Could you perhaps pull the abs fuse and get rid of limp mode?

I don't think I can just pull the fuse. The sensors also enable traction control and i believe they play a part in how the car determines current speed. Plus, I'm still not confident at the track im going to so i would like to have the nannies functional for this event.

I saw a red Geo Metro just like this one today:

redmetro.jpg

But it had a giant Elmo face decal taking up the entire hood. It was being driven by a fat old man with gray hair.

I assume he was on at least one list somewhere. Or he should be.