Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The answer is a factory V8 Pathfinder. :D

only if they get rid of that forking CVT and silly fixed forward mounted headrests.

I don't think they even make the new pathfinder with the V8, the CVT would just break.

E-locker for the rear, I think.
The Pathfinder was made with an Off Road package that had an e-locker, but they are Unicorns. Finding an LE with a V8 and the Off Road package is damn near impossible.
Low range?
Came with it from the factory, just not the current generation (which is a glorified CVT minivan unworthy to bear the name Pathfinder).

My commute doesn't suck:

Attachments

• 2019_0913_064338_011.JPG
    2019_0913_064338_011.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 59
Very nice, especially with the mist. Looks like someone had a huge brown trousers moment on that road in the last image. :LOL:

I think that's her mom's Subaru...

Yeah, I figured that from her earlier posts - but those things rust out fast up there once rust takes hold if nothing is done. Was watching some South Main Auto videos recently and they reminded me why the area is called the Rust Belt.

Yeah I couldn't help but notice it is pretty damn rusty for something iirc with roughly 40k miles? But really the main problem is less the salt itself then the fact she doesnt seem to care. Like the driveway looks like this and she saw no reason to get the car looked at.

Did I mention she had the transmission serviced last year because it needed amoung other things, more fluid? That gives me great confidence in the subaru dealer. An outback being in rough shape so fast is just sad.

I will be looking for undercoating service for MY cars, she doesn't seem interested though.

With my next vehicle, I plan to do regular lanolin treatments of the undercarriage. The X has some surface rust on the undercarriage right now, but nothing bad (especially for a vehicle of it's age living life with salted roads)

One of Chrysler's designers just posted to instagram from Brazil saying he bought a VW SP2.... Will be cool seeing it in person here next car show season.

Lots of engineers have been working overtime over the last few weeks, having to develop new recipes to re-create their lubricants using ingredients from the other three. Assuming there's enough supply to go around, that is. It'll probably be a while before things are sorted out again.

It probably also doesn't help that the industry runs on just-in-time logistics, where nobody keeps anything in stock unless they absolutely have to.

Welp, time to purchase some oil.