Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That awkward moment when the aftermarket is better at parts than OEM :p

The caliper is coming tomorrow for proper measurement and then I'll likely drop by my local dealer's parts department to see if we can figure out the correct part.

So the fiat does not have a coolant leak somehow? My best guess is there was like, some somewhere in a puddle under the hood from the recent radiator repair? That ended up mixed into the normal drainage? The paper I put under the car to catch the drips had red liquid but i guess not now. The puddle still reappeared but it was just water ?‍♀️

Hopefully this won't suddenly pop up again.

So i spent the shop class changing the beetle's oil. Unfortunately not enough time to swap in the new sensor today but I'll do it next week i guess.

But i think that's the last class for the season idk what to do with car malfunction after ☹

Have you leaned Japanese yet, so you can use resources that are actually applicable? :LOL:
I know he bought original Japanese service manuals....

So the fiat does not have a coolant leak somehow? My best guess is there was like, some somewhere in a puddle under the hood from the recent radiator repair? That ended up mixed into the normal drainage? The paper I put under the car to catch the drips had red liquid but i guess not now. The puddle still reappeared but it was just water ?‍♀️

Hopefully this won't suddenly pop up again.

So i spent the shop class changing the beetle's oil. Unfortunately not enough time to swap in the new sensor today but I'll do it next week i guess.

But i think that's the last class for the season idk what to do with car malfunction after ☹

Didn't rick have a rental 500 that had a sporadic coolant leak? Also, depending on where it's leaking from, the leak could seal when the engine and coolant heats up and leak only when cold and pressurized by the pump. It might be the radiator - your intercooler was damaged so there's a chance the radiator has a tiny pinhole leak. Only thing to do is keep an eye on it and sniff for coolant smells when you're around it.

As for car malfunctions after, there's quite a lot of good YouTube channels for DIY repairs. You can learn a lot from them.

I'm willing to bet its going to show that you have a stock roll bar and that the bushing size is wrong, same as those 2 threads I posted above.

Otherwise the old take-off part you showed me would not have fit.

I'm willing to bet its going to show that you have a stock roll bar and that the bushing size is wrong, same as those 2 threads I posted above.

Otherwise the old take-off part you showed me would not have fit.
I'm willing to bet you are correct, told ya I shoulda gotten the ford racing stuff :p

I'm willing to bet you are correct, told ya I shoulda gotten the ford racing stuff :p

Yup, but you'll be able to measure the bar and the parts proposed for installation with those calipers - so you don't have to waste time getting parts, going to install them, finding out they don't fit, etc., etc.

The bushing that goes on the bar should be a slight interference fit - so if the bar is 24mm, the bushing inner diameter should be a little bit smaller.

Yup, but you'll be able to measure the bar and the parts proposed for installation with those calipers - so you don't have to waste time getting parts, going to install them, finding out they don't fit, etc., etc.

The bushing that goes on the bar should be a slight interference fit - so if the bar is 24mm, the bushing inner diameter should be a little bit smaller.
I'm not arguing that you are wrong :) Just saying that I was originally thinking of getting ford racing poly bushings along with new end links themselves, the benefit is that the bushings can be cut to install and the end links have a section that can be unbolted. So I could MAKE It fit :p

Or you know.... fix the issue by getting a not messed up part. Try calling a major part well known supplier like Tasca Ford and see if this is a known widespread issue.

Or better yet, call the Ford Performance Parts tech line number I sent you the other day. They'd be able to tell you better than anyone if you have the right part, if the part is screwed up, etc.

Or you know.... fix the issue by getting a not messed up part. Try calling a major part well known supplier like Tasca Ford and see if this is a known widespread issue.

Or better yet, call the Ford Performance Parts tech line number I sent you the other day. They'd be able to tell you better than anyone if you have the right part, if the part is screwed up, etc.
Yeah I'm gonna give em a call once I measure the bar and the part just to have all the info before calling.