Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I don't think I will ever understand that, you are paying supercar money for some old car just because it's famous in some way?

Thing with these super expensive collector cars is that while most people will not understand the price and wouldn't buy one even if they could, it only takes one person to think it's worth the time and money.

Kind of like the foo... ummm, young individual that saw fit to pay an stup... more than reasonable compensation for my old daily. :D

Thing with these super expensive collector cars is that while most people will not understand the price and wouldn't buy one even if they could, it only takes one person to think it's worth the time and money.

Kind of like the foo... ummm, young individual that saw fit to pay an stup... more than reasonable compensation for my old daily. :D

Since this was an auction, there had to be at least two people that thought it was worth big dollars. :D

Now, I could see the original cars being worth some decent money to the right collectors, but the reproduction cars should only bring what it would cost to duplicate. IMHO, of course.

Since this was an auction, there had to be at least two people that thought it was worth big dollars. :D

Now, I could see the original cars being worth some decent money to the right collectors, but the reproduction cars should only bring what it would cost to duplicate. IMHO, of course.
In this case the owner who took it to auction was the real winner. :D

I love how the article reads like they have nothing but contempt at the fact that they have to write about this.

I sense a new piece of flair for high performance cars.

Yeah I really like that splash of colour on an otherwise monochrome car. The Lamborghini Centenario had similar highlights but covering more areas.

Yeah no, dinguses will just take them off, paint them, and put them back on.

You can already buy any color you want on eBay. There guys around here with blue ones, red ones, etc. Theres even a guy who made a set for a 1970 Challenger. I kinda want to 3D print up a set for my Mustang to make fun of them.

Watch the yellow ones triple in price on ebay

I should have taken some off last summer from a rental I had, it’s not like they would care...

You can already buy any color you want on eBay. There guys around here with blue ones, red ones, etc. Theres even a guy who made a set for a 1970 Challenger. I kinda want to 3D print up a set for my Mustang to make fun of them.

I should get some of that yellow pipe insulation for the rollcage on the bobtail, stylish.

I should get some of that yellow pipe insulation for the rollcage on the bobtail, stylish.
In the local autocross there's a guy with an special edition elise that runs with his front bar protected by pool noodles and masking tape.

This is because Lotus charges a lot of money for bumper covers and the very first time he autocrossed it, he ate a cone... Which ate the front bar.

Same energy.