Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Random photo! Fiat convertible living up to Italian quality once again. :)

fiat500garbagebagtarptop27ed3107da5dc779.png

It honestly looked like a garbage bag on top covered the top...

we "modded" my gf's Twizy!

before: lousy foil windows that are operated by a zipper and buffet in the wind like hell
after: acrylic tinted windows with race-car style sliding part :p

it's OEM, but only available in Korea...and on eBay :)

she's chuffed with it :)
and happy wife = happy life ;)

(and yes, i already told her to get it cleaned :D)

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_132312150_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200216_132312150_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200216_135706147.jpg
    IMG_20200216_135706147.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
you must be able to make eye contact with the people around you
so a tint of less than 50% is no problem

AND: this isn't a car! it's a quadricycle, so no MOT and all other inconveniences that come with the title

Last edited:
That joke gave me a haddock.

I forgot about your Miata, that thing was too light to get stuck :p

That and he could pick it up and just walk across the snowy patches.

It probably has to do with CAFE or Euro whatever BS, but I've been saying this since the beginning of the Alfa Giula's existence. Gimme an NA V6 screamer like the Busso and a manual. I really liked the Giulia, but felt it needed an appropriate engine note. Too bad I was too poor for the 4cheese.

That V6 in the 4C would be the tits.

Don't get me started on Alfa's utter failure selling the Giulia. It is an awesome car - the pretty and soulful alternative to a BMW 3 series. The QV is just nuts.
And yet, Alfa does practically zero marketing. So no one buys one, apart from @TobiasG. :( It is such a waste.

Attachments

• FBD0F8BE-DFE6-4F1F-B447-751082E3DFD7.jpeg
    FBD0F8BE-DFE6-4F1F-B447-751082E3DFD7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
Don't get me started on Alfa's utter failure selling the Giulia. It is an awesome car - the pretty and soulful alternative to a BMW 3 series. The QV is just nuts.
And yet, Alfa does practically zero marketing. So no one buys one, apart from @TobiasG. :( It is such a waste.
I briefly considered one. Then I tried to sell one to my boss' boss because he asked me to recommend an middle manager's car for him (he bought a Kia K900 and then a week later traded that for a Genesis)

I briefly considered one. Then I tried to sell one to my boss' boss because he asked me to recommend an middle manager's car for him (he bought a Kia K900 and then a week later traded that for a Genesis)

what was the reasoning behind that? I figure the K900 is the best Koreans can offer at the moment. Seems like a good waft-mobile

One of the Fiat/Alfa dealers has already closed here in the metroplex. Total bummer.

I don't see them surviving. There is no room for them between Alfa Romeo and Maserati.

Maserati is a high end luxury brand, so there is a lot of room between the two brands.

err...not quite. There is nothing Lancia could do that could not be better done on another division. Back in the day they were the "Innovative" brand. So unless they want to make it fully electrical and style it accordingly (Not to mention getting over the hurdles of making an Italian car where all of it is the electrics) There will always be a better Fiat/Alfa/Ferrari/Maserati in there somewhere.

A new Stratos would be more performance oriented than Maserati. It would also be different than any Ferrari I am aware of.

Also, isn't Ferrari a stand alone company now?

It is. I was more thinking on the context of Italian vehicles in General. Lamborghini and Pagani did not seem to come up as examples

As for the Stratos? If you want something in the vein of the original Stratos as a lightweight very fast vehicle, the 4C filled that role. If you want a screamer of a mid-engine Italian sports car, there's the F8. The gap in the middle (which is where things like the six-cyl 718s live) is indeed a small gap on the lineup, but one that is unlikely to sustain an entire brand.