Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

He killed Blll Murray, so you should be annoyed that he won't be in the sequel.

GRtak;n3552592 said:
He killed Blll Murray, so you should be annoyed that he won't be in the sequel.

Bill Murray probably will be in it, but as a real zombie, and he'll probably kill Jesse Eisenberg.

Zombieland was one of those rare movies that I thought was absolutely perfect. Bringing everyone back... 10 years older... I hope it's good, but that's a tough ask.

I can't remember now who at Ringmeet put me on to The Expanse but whoever it was, thank you. I've just finished watching season 2 as that's all they have on Netflix and I've loved every minute of it so far. I don't think I've been hooked on any fictional series like this before. One tiny criticism though:

While it was nice to see Adam Savage in the final episode, for me it really broke the immersion of the whole show for me. Fortunately it was right at the end, if it had been earlier in the season I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much.

Looking in to ways of getting Season 3, it isn't currently on Netflix.

Farming Simulator 2019 comes out on Tuesday, I have to say I'm excited, despite being fully aware of how ridiculous the game is and how it sounds when you tell someone about it. I was going to just buy the Steam version but the bastards have gone and upsold me the collectors edition already with this little haul for a mere tenner:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"576","width":"1024","src":"https:\/\/images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com\/images\/I\/91RtFXNZN8L._SL1500_.jpg"}[/IMG2]

How can I turn down this much ridiculous swag for ten measly pounds? The C64 emulated version looks like a big laugh, as do the modding tutorials that don't appear to be online already. The rest of the swag is just funny and cute, especially the hat to wear while playing the game. :lol:

I ended up on related items and saw the special Saitek controller is down to a reasonable price now, but what the fuck is going on here Amazon?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"504","width":"559","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/x6UMUpz.jpg"}[/IMG2]

PSA: The Expanse Season 3 has been added to Amazon Prime.

PSA: The Expanse Season 3 has been added to Amazon Prime.

Oh it bloody would now I paid £40 for it on Blu-Ray a month ago...

It was still worth it.

Reactions: TC
Netflix has a series called The Umbrella Academy that is really good. Based on a comic, so I am sure there will be more seasons.

Netflix with the throwback to shitty teen movies

S3x4BFs.jpg

Funny thing is that I was just reminiscing with my friends about these movies a few weeks ago, and now they're all up and streaming.

https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-batman-killing-wake-up/
The choice to have Ben Affleck's Dark Knight kill in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice proved controversial for many fans of the character. However, director Zack Snyder still defends the decision, and he has strong words for those who confront him about it.

A Reddit video shows the director answering questions at a charity event screening director's cuts of several of his films. At the Q&A for Watchmen, Snyder explained how that film colors his work and should influence how it's understood. He used the example of Batman killing, saying, “Someone says to me: [Ben Affleck’s] Batman killed a guy. I’m like, ‘Fuck, really? Wake the fuck up.'"
Snyder then went on to talk about how Watchmen differs from other superhero movies. "I guess that’s what I’m saying," he continued. "Once you've lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something about like ‘my superhero wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the fucking road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘my heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't fucking lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a fucking dream world.” [...]

Sure, just shoot the joker in the head the first time you encounter him. Who needs a moral dilemma for storytelling anyway?

You wanna make a realistic gritty super hero movie? Sure. Go ahead. But maybe not pick a franchise that's not about that.

Didn't think it worth creating it's own thread as I'm not sure where else it is (or will be broadcast) but there is a new show on Sky One right now called Curfew.

Junior is quite into it so we are watching it with him. If you can imagine an amalgam of Death Race, The Walking Dead and The Running Man but without any of their production values you'd be about right.

Spoiler 1
And it has Sean Bean in it.....
Spoiler 2
.... but, as usual, not for very long.

Just saw that Sealab 2021 season 1 is on Amazon Prime. This makes me very happy.

I just stumbled upon "Torchwood" on TV while zapping. Two thoughts:
  • No wonder it never caught on in Germany, the dubbing is atrocious.
  • Oh my time lord, the visual effects haven't aged well... :(

Torchwood was dreadful even when it was current.

Torchwood was dreadful even when it was current.

This. I tried watching it after my first time through Doctor Who and I couldn't get through more than 3 or 4 episodes before vomiting all over my computer.

Apart from anything else there were too many Welsh people in it. I've nothing against them personally, but that lilting, sing-song accent doesn't lend itself to being taken seriously as protectors of the Earth from malevolent scum from across the universe.

Why does wangan midnight only have 26 episodes and 5/42 of it's volumes scanlated this is an outrage.