Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Out of sheer curiosity I installed a PSP emulator (PPSSPP) on my phone, and started playing the PSP version of Gran Turismo. While the gameplay itself seems a bit confusing, the physics are pretty damn good for a decade and a half old handheld game console. It does make my phone deplete its battery really fast, which is somewhat surprising.

The touchscreen can't replace physical buttons, though, and since the curiosity I was talking about was whether I could play it while my phone is connected to my parents' TV, I'm thinking about getting some sort of controller. I'm probably just gonna pick up something used from the classifieds like the PS3 controller or get something for peanuts from eBay (it can even be a wired controller, as my USB-C to HDMI adaptor also has a USB-A 3 input. Then again, I tried to configure my USB keyboard to play with that, however, to no avail.

BTW, I know there's a GT PSP thread, but the last post in that one is from 2010. Don't feel like bumping it up. :p

- It contains a modified Mutator, one of the two very clever RC cars made by Tyco in the late 1990s. They also made the Rebound, which was the one I had at the time.
I see the advertisement is RAD FLYING THROUGH THE AIR AGRESSIVE

I know it was the standard at the time, but it sounds so silly nowadays.

Out of sheer curiosity I installed a PSP emulator (PPSSPP) on my phone, and started playing the PSP version of Gran Turismo. While the gameplay itself seems a bit confusing, the physics are pretty damn good for a decade and a half old handheld game console. It does make my phone deplete its battery really fast, which is somewhat surprising.

The touchscreen can't replace physical buttons, though, and since the curiosity I was talking about was whether I could play it while my phone is connected to my parents' TV, I'm thinking about getting some sort of controller. I'm probably just gonna pick up something used from the classifieds like the PS3 controller or get something for peanuts from eBay (it can even be a wired controller, as my USB-C to HDMI adaptor also has a USB-A 3 input. Then again, I tried to configure my USB keyboard to play with that, however, to no avail.

BTW, I know there's a GT PSP thread, but the last post in that one is from 2010. Don't feel like bumping it up. :p
The only problem I had with that game was the lack of analog throttle and braking. I loved the roulette style of car shopping.

It's dead much like the GT franchise :p

A shame too, I am sure Kaz was juuust finishing the touches on the steering wheel stitching on the interior of the 176th R34 to be included on GT7 (the only premium one, the rest are standard ones imported from GT4.)

Well, a good thing I don't care about their newer games anyway. If it can't be emulated or played in any other way on PC, I'm not interested in it. I'm not buying a console just to play that one game. :D

I bought a 360 for Forza. Got tired of waiting for Gran Turismo 5 back in the day ?

I got my XBone just for Forza Horizon 2. Think I played Horizon 3 on it too but quickly moved to PC. It was a decent Blu-ray player in that time too.

Still have my original PSP here, didn't have a huge number of games for it. It came with TOCA Race Driver 2 (played but never liked), then I added Worms Open Warfare (loved it), Twisted Metal: Head On (loved it) and LocoRoco (great gimmick appeal at the time, don't think I'd ever rush to play it again).

I also had Spiderman 2 on UMD, quality was nice but it was a strain to watch it on that screen. It was mostly used for watching stuff downloaded from Google Video and listening to MP3s, I did get the camera module at the end though and I'm keeping hold of it in the hope that it'll be worth something one day.

I just discovered while googling something random that there is a movie made in 2012 called Strippers vs Werewolves.

I won't be watching that any time soon.

I think my mate Kev has mentioned that before. How about Rubber or Sharknado?

Was going to make a new thread for this, but decided to hold off until there is a trailer or at least more concrete details....

‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ TV Series In Works At Hulu From Carlton Cuse & Jason Fuchs
https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-hi...ulu-from-carlton-cuse-jason-fuchs-1202652440/

Dated July 2019, so a bit late to the party, but I just found out about it. Really hoping it works out better than the movie did.

Apparently Discovery has a show Rolling Coal... You think I could get a show where I just fart in public on History?

^ yeah. I had no idea cable TV was so... I mean I knew that they had gotten away from what they started with but the movie Idiocracy is alot less funny when I saw this.

^ yeah. I had no idea cable TV was so... I mean I knew that they had gotten away from what they started with but the movie Idiocracy is alot less funny when I saw this.

Idiocracy was funny because it was absurd. It doesn't seem so absurd anymore.

Apparently Discovery has a show Rolling Coal... You think I could get a show where I just fart in public on History?

Too late, there's an Instagram page for that by the name of Paul Flart.

And the cherry on this shit sundae is the fact that, as Gail Banks said many times, spewing out that much smoke goes against making more horsepower. It's just wasting fuel for the sake of being an asshole.