Random Thoughts...[F1 edition]

All ugly as sin, the RBR test livery isn't even that good idk what the hype is about, the shark fins are still there despite the promises they'd be gone, and the halo as expected makes them all look like flip flops with wheels. Probably gonna be the first season in what feels my lifetime I won't even notice the date of the first GP or watch it. The racing will have to be miraculously good for me to get back into this shit show.

Last edited:
renault, yeah right!
like that car will drive one single meter.

compared to the other cars, they forgot to develop barge boards
and they're actually showing of a generic floor, there isn't a single slot in it!

don't worry, no one will try to copy you, could as well show the real deal :p

and i already like sauber twice as much as last year (i didn't at all)
kaltenbaum gone, vasseur in, finally a decent livery...bring it on!
(but they'll still suck i think)
Called it! :D

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...um=referral&utm_campaign=RSS-F1&utm_term=News

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

woot woot!
belgium's been confirmed as one of the countries where the F1 OTT service will be available.
i'm subscribing so hard to it :)

Hmmm still on the fence.... it’ll only be available on pc (no android or ios app yet) and not through smart tv apps either....

I’d be all over it if I could watch it on TV like an extra channel though...

Finally race week again!

although it does look like we will have another year of Mercedes dominance
With heavier cars, more downforce and more full throttle I think fuel effeciency will be very important, and here Mercedes seems to be far ahead.

This year I have put a bit of money on Lewis winning the championship. That way I won't mind loosing the money, and at least I will get a little pay out if he wins yet again.

yes, finally racing again!

and they announced they've added a 3rd DRS zone in melbourne
i'm a bit torn between this...
first, anyone seen the last formula E race? you realy don't need overtaking to have a good race!!!!!!! much overtaking dilutes the racing!
but if they just keep adding DRS zones, we'll be back to the days of the F-duct, where they can use it every straight, and i don't have a problem with that...

and on a side note, the release of the OTT service has been postponed :(

Last edited:
So, Liberty Medias strategy around here:

1. Jack up the prices so high that no local TV station can afford to buy the rights to support their f1 tv
2. f1 tv isnt available here
3. ????
4. Profit!!!

only makes sense
red bull is already honda's main sponsor in motoGP
extending the collaboration to F1 was a no brainer (grated the engines actually make some power)

bone;n3550409 said:
only makes sense
red bull is already honda's main sponsor in motoGP
extending the collaboration to F1 was a no brainer (grated the engines actually make some power)

I doubt they were following the same reasoning as you. Red Bull sponsors just about everyone in every sport.

Toro Rosso were the guinea pig of course, and seeing as how Gassly already finished higher up (4th) than even Alonso managed in the McHonda (5th), it must mean the engine is not a total disaster anymore.

apparently red bull splitting from renault after 2018 was also set to paper back when they negotiated the torro rosso/mclaren switch, but it was kept quiet in the media
it was actually red bull who requested a new offer at the beginning of the year, and respindled the possibility of remaining with renault

From reports the issue with engine reliability is due to the tight packaging McLaren demands for their chassis so the engines just cook. The Renault PSUs are blowing up in the McLaren's for the same reason. The Toro Rosso chassis doesn't have this issue and as such the Honda engine has shown far better reliability (only one DNF this season has been directly attributed to the engine).

In other news, Charles Leclerc is said to have a two-year offer on the table from Ferrari to drive for them, replacing Kimi.

Brown is responsible for the entire company and I believe the road-car and other divisions are doing well. It's just the F1 team that is in crisis so that is where you want to house-clean.

Brown is CEO of McLaren Racing and has nothing to say about McLaren automotive or applied technologies