Random Thoughts...[F1 edition]

They're a riot sometimes these guys running the twitter feeds, Ferrari is somewhat boring in that regard. Mercedes tried to have a bit of a Q&A and the other teams are asking the questions.

IMG_0297.jpg

Last edited:
wow, that went fast :(

RIP, i'm sure you'll be missed sorely!

Wow, that's sad news indeed.

Also wouldn't like to see FI go but if they changed their name and livery, that'd be nice. It must be a hard sell for those marketing pitches "Yeah, we are the guys in the pink car..."

While Force India is now in Administration, it is actually a good sign as it will allow the team to sell itself to new owners who will provide the infusion of capital they need to continue to compete going forward.

So due to a bit of scheduling luck, I'm going to be in Amsterdam for Spa and was wondering if anyone could give me some general advice for attending the Belgian GP. Currently I'm thinking of renting a car and driving down early (~7am or so, I can leave earlier if need be). Any other tips?

7am should be plenty
it's only a 3h drive, and you don't have to pass brussels or antwerp

bone;n3551838 said:
7am should be plenty
it's only a 3h drive, and you don't have to pass brussels or antwerp

Good to know, thanks!

bone;n3551987 said:
can someone confirm we are not april 1st?

Ricciardo to leave red bull and join renault :shock:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/03/daniel-ricciardo-quit-red-bull-f1-team-renault-2019-season/

I was thinking the same thing. I can't help but think that he is making a bad move here, but who knows. He is going to a full factory team, but RBR was basically set to be a defacto factory team next year with Honda. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think it depends where Renault goes in the long run, it could be a really good move and it could just be a stop gap to get to Ferrari in 2021. I think Red Bull is probably only a good team to be if you are who ever the favoured driver is at the time and at the moment that's Verstappen. It certainly makes the driver market for next year more interesting than it looked before.

I wonder what will happen at Torro Rosso. I don't see Sainz returning to red bull, for the exact reasons stated above, and because he burned himself somewhat with Marko. Also, Marko seems to be quite fond of Gasly, so I expect him at red bull! But red bull doesn't have any juniors with a superlicense to put in the TR...Kvyat to the rescue? :lmao:

And based on all the rumours going around, I do see Sainz end up at McLaren, and unless Alonso quits, that will be the end of the road for Vandoorne. Even if Alonso quits, his seat might go to Norris... (tbh, I don't think Vandoorne will still be in F1 next year)

Anyone dares to take bet at who'll be driving for Force India (granted they are saved). I say Ocon an stroll, with Perez actions biting him in the ass, especially since Stroll brings a lot more potential cash than Perez ever can get together.

What will happen at Williams, I dare not say...given their situation, everything is possible! Even maldonado returning! :lol:

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think Daniel went to Renault for the money. Renault will pay him more than RBR and he will be the undisputed #1 at Renault whereas Max is (Marko's) #1 at RBR so he will be first in line for new parts for the chassis and PSU if they have to ration them.

He's not going to win a WDC unless he can get into Ferrari or Mercedes and Mercedes is not an option before 2021 unless Lewis walks after winning his fifth WDC and neither is Ferrari since Kimi will be re-signed for 2019 now that Marchionne passed away and then LeClerc will take over in 2020.

Force India is almost certainly going to become the Mercedes Junior Team (following what Haas is doing with Ferrari) and I expect Lance will be driving for them once daddy either buys the team outright in Administration or injects sufficient cash to keep them afloat for the long term. The only snag right now is Renault, McLaren and Williams are mumbling about not allowing Force India to be re-sold and keep their FOTA monies (as the sale looks like it requires unanimous consent from all the teams in order to keep the cash).

I think he's banking on Renault being the next Mercedes. This is the exact same reaction that was had when Hamilton left for Merc, and not many people bet they'd be winning races let alone championships. It's hard to imagine Renault being a contender again, but who knows.

In other news:

The Force India F1 team are to be rescued from administration by a group of investors led by Lawrence Stroll.

Stroll is the father of Williams driver Lance.

Force India entered administration two weeks ago ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix amid severe financial problems.

But after the Stroll-led consortium - backed by Force India's 'senior management' - agreed a deal with the team's administrators, the team will continue to race when the F1 season resumes at the end of the month at the Belgian GP, with all 405 jobs saved at the Silverstone-based team.

All of the team's creditors will also be paid in full, with 'ongoing funding guaranteed'.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...nistration-by-lawrence-stroll-led-new-backers

i think Perez is sweating now...

but if he's replaced by stroll...Perez to Haas? (instead of grosjean, who can go search for another job)