Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

Is there not a law that states you can photo a on duty policeman regardless?

There is a law that make it illigal to photograph police in the UK when planning terrorism. However, they must actually be able to show some evidence that that's what you are doing.

Another issue is chapter 44 of the terrorism act regarding stop and search without cause in some areas. Rhis has been liberally interpreted by some police in the past to act against people photographing in public, also photographing police. Chapter 44 is on its way out, though, and legal practice does show that there is major fault to that legal interpretation anyway.

As a general rule, it is completely legal to photograph in public in the UK, and that includes - as a general rule - photographing police officers.

Holy crap.

An American collector has become an overnight multi-millionaire after a set of 65 glass negatives he picked up at a garage sale turned out to be genuine Ansel Adams works.

Rick Norsigian, a school district painter and collector, bought the photographic plates in Fresno, California for $US45 a decade ago.

They have now been authenticated and are valued at $US200 million ($223 million).

"The experts have emphatically determined that the negatives were in fact created by the iconic photographer Ansel Adams," said Norsigian, who released the findings on his website and at a press conference.

Mr Norsigian's lawyer Arnold Peter said the authentication presented a number of challenges, involving experts not only in photography but handwriting for notations and meteorology for evidence of weather at the time Adams took his famed landscape pictures.

There's a lot of doubt surrounding these negatives, the consensus seems to be that whoever shot these was trying to emulate or was perhaps shooting alongside Ansel Adams. Even if they are indeed Ansel's negatives, unless they were printed by the man himself there won't be many people interested.

I get to be on the track at this years local drag racing event again :)

This year's event also features a jet-powered car! :w00t:

There's a lot of doubt surrounding these negatives, the consensus seems to be that whoever shot these was trying to emulate or was perhaps shooting alongside Ansel Adams. Even if they are indeed Ansel's negatives, unless they were printed by the man himself there won't be many people interested.

Here's how much a certain recent $200-millionaire cares:

|
|
|
|
|
|
v
(infinity)

And I think a certain someone who recently held a garage sale just killed himself.

Last edited:
Hoepfully so.

I love my Gorilla pod, enables quirky photos like,
4844403237_6d48bec05a.jpg

to be taken with ease. :)

Here's how much a certain recent $200-millionaire cares:

|
|
|
|
|
|
v
(infinity)

Eh? The owner doesn't have $200 million, in fact that estimate would be extremely high even if they were genuine. As the Ansel Adams estate have denied the authenticity I don't think they can legally be sold as the work of Adams due to copyright infringement.

I thought seeing as I couldn't sleep, I'd go and set up my Mamiya to take a day long exposure. Set it up on a tripod outside, bulb mode and plugged in a plunger to the shutter button, everytime I pressed it, it wouldn't lock! So I'm going to have to finish the reel and practice before I try again.

I took pictures of my Goddaughters baptism today; it was at a church where no flash photography was allowed, and since I usually always take photos in ACTION mode, I was a bit panicked for manual settings.

It had very even lighting, though a bit dim. I chose full manual mode, automatic focus (I cannot trust my eyes), lens speed of 1/80 of a second, F stop of 2.8, ISO of 800 and light setting I chose automatic.
The Godfather is a professional photographer (I was flattered thy wanted me to take pictures in his place) and I quickly ran over the settings with him. He looked around the sanctuary, and agreed with what I had chosen.

PHEW! They turned out really good.

Last edited:
That's cool. :)

Feel free to post a few, always interesting to see.

:)

lol, I just photoshopped myself into a family picture. Full disclosure: it was a vacation photo and I took a picture of my brother-mom-dad, then gave the camera to my dad who took a picture of the three of us. This is soooo much easier than asking someone else to just take the picture plox :rolleyes: (but you couldn't tell that it's shopped because I'm awesome :cool::p)

I like it, especially for the ability to view any photo on black instantly by clicking the photo.