Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I think it's interesting that while you can only two consecutive Presidencies, so long as you do something after wards, you're free to run for it again.
I suppose it happened in the aftermath of the Soviet Union. In the old days, no one who stepped down from the top job could return. Putin just proved that democracy can give him another term, the Soviet system couldn't have.

I think it's interesting that while you can only two consecutive Presidencies, so long as you do something after wards, you're free to run for it again.
Indeed. Here in the US our law is just as ambiguous on that. No more than two consecutive terms but no explicit ban on becoming president again after a term off. But people weren't sure whether or not there could still be grounds for a legal challenge. Obviously there are no such concerns in Russia.

:lmao: Whoever is responsible should be fined for defacing such a lovely rack.

From Great Britain, the stronghold of political correctness. It is now unwise to use white paper because of "racism", the little word that has become so overused in the last years it is ridiculous. "Equality experts", that must be the new word for propaganda ministers. In Sweden we have a similar problem. Here a Finnish company called Fazer has banned a candy called "China-puffs" because an adopted Korean (yes you read it right, Korean) said that it was discriminating to use a fun picure of a chinaman in a rice hat as a logo for the candy. This sparked an outrage on the freedom-of-speech forum called Flashback, which has 500k members. Our own propaganda ministry called "Aftonbladet" then posted a blog entry that specifically said:"White people have no right to say what is racism and what is not racism.". I am sorry but this PC bullshit has gone way out of damn hand and I am deeply disturbed by this crap.

I am glad that what seems to be the only reasonable newspaper in the GB, The Telegraph is publishing this article. Much like "Svenska Dagbladet" in Sweden you have at least one good news aggregator.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...o-prevent-racism-in-nuseries-expert-says.html

From Great Britain, the stronghold of political correctness. It is now unwise to use white paper because of "racism", the little word that has become so overused in the last years it is ridiculous.
(...)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...o-prevent-racism-in-nuseries-expert-says.html
Hm. One "consultant who has issued advice to local authorities" comes up with this idea, the Torygraph writes a critical article about it and suddenly, "it is now unwise to use white paper because of 'racism'" in all of GB? That's a jump to a conclusion that not even Nick Griffin could get away with.

Hm. One "consultant who has issued advice to local authorities" comes up with this idea, the Torygraph writes a critical article about it and suddenly, "it is now unwise to use white paper because of 'racism'" in all of GB? That's a jump to a conclusion that not even Nick Griffin could get away with.
I am sorry if my obvious hyperbole was lost on you. But to wake the sleeping people of Britain one needs to exaggerate.

Virginia is similar. You can run for Gov. as many times as you want just not consecutively.

I am sorry if my obvious hyperbole was lost on you. But to wake the sleeping people of Britain one needs to exaggerate.
So, with 'sleeping people', do you mean 'sleeping from the dangers of multiculturalism'? Just asking, sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth.

:lol: Yeah, right. I'm German, by the way.

Sadly, nothing will change. You can be as much of a thug as you desire as long as you wear a uniform and don't "accidentally kill" (i.e. brutally murder) a "violent resister" (i.e. an outnumbered, unarmed civilian) of the Caucasian race. Exceptions occur once a decade.

From Great Britain, the stronghold of political correctness. It is now unwise to use white paper because of "racism", the little word that has become so overused in the last years it is ridiculous. "Equality experts", that must be the new word for propaganda ministers. In Sweden we have a similar problem. Here a Finnish company called Fazer has banned a candy called "China-puffs" because an adopted Korean (yes you read it right, Korean) said that it was discriminating to use a fun picure of a chinaman in a rice hat as a logo for the candy. This sparked an outrage on the freedom-of-speech forum called Flashback, which has 500k members. Our own propaganda ministry called "Aftonbladet" then posted a blog entry that specifically said:"White people have no right to say what is racism and what is not racism.". I am sorry but this PC bullshit has gone way out of damn hand and I am deeply disturbed by this crap.

I am glad that what seems to be the only reasonable newspaper in the GB, The Telegraph is publishing this article. Much like "Svenska Dagbladet" in Sweden you have at least one good news aggregator.

Cartoon Speedy Gonzales not shown in the US because it was prejudicial to Mexicans.
Cartoon Speedy Gonzales long the favorite cartoon in all of Mexico.
How is that for stupid?

Sadly, nothing will change. You can be as much of a thug as you desire as long as you wear a uniform and don't "accidentally kill" (i.e. brutally murder) a "violent resister" (i.e. an outnumbered, unarmed civilian) of the Caucasian race. Exceptions occur once a decade.

I don't know if something will change.

What I know, though, is, that giving in with a sigh and surrender to the status quo will definitely change nothing.

I don't know if something will change.

What I know, though, is, that giving in with a sigh and surrender to the status quo will definitely change nothing.
Media reporting might however change something if it, too, changes. Less "Hero policemen race lunatic car thief on the public highway, WATCH IT LIVE!" might help, for instance. I do believe there are some who think that certain protesters deserve every kind of violence of which they become the victims, but the minds of normal people might be swayed.

It can change, if the following paramaters are met:

1. The media must pick it up big time. They need to ask the standard questions, Who, What, Where, When, Why and How.

2. The institutions need to change how they view cases like this. It will entail actually reviewing footage like this before saying anything, to take evidence of assault seriously.

3. De facto special protection for police officers needs to be softened. On one side, police need some protection (as they as a group of professionals will get reported for brutality and/or misconduct no matter what they do. So there must be some safeguards. However, if there is solid evidence, there needs to be a charge like with any other citizen. Take some DA's from another completely different district and let them handle the cases. There will still be some cameraderi, but less.

4. You need to make it possible for an officer to continue to serve after one conviction. I know it sounds wrong, but it will make it easier for jurys to convict a cop. Like the Blood Code of Great Britain, if the concequences are too strict, a jury is less likely to convict. If a police officer will lose his job over what might be construed as a "silly mistake", a jury might be hesitent to convict.

5. Make police wear small portable cameras on their lapell. These are available, and they're practical enough. This will make it harder for officers to tell porkies in court.

Just my thoughts on it.

As for the situations depicted showing police assaulting what can only be construed as members of the press documenting what's happening, that is wholly inacceptable in any circumstance, and if it isn't dealt with, New Yorkers need to make it an issue for the next mayoral election. The role of the press in situations like this is so obvious it shouldn't even appear as a possibility to consider them as part of any protest. If you're holding a camera, you're a no go area unless you're actively violent. Period.

NUMBER ONE! NUMBER ONE! NUMBER ONE! NUMBER ONE! AMERICA! AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Seriously guys? Forced labour and ONE PERCENT. I knew it before, sure, but I just got reminded. What the fucking hell are you thinking? This is stupid.

[Snip, video...]
What the...? I don't even.... :shock2:

Seriously? Lifetime sentence for the third conviction no matter how trivial...? That is ridiculous. Though, no less ridiculous than 1 % of their total population being in jail, but I guess that's what you get when you privatize jails; I guess they need to be filled up to make money.

Yes, it is called the 3 strikes and you're out law. That is not everywhere, but it is in a few states.