Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

prizrak;n3542063 said:
They weren't even allegations, he straight up admitted to it, but claimed it was consensual (cuz that makes it slightly better?)
As I understood it, he had 2 women claiming he molested them when they were minors. A few more women came forward and said that they dated Roy Moore, but nothing happened other than a kiss or something, and they were all over the legal age of consent at the time. Which was 16 in Alabama, from what I heard, and Moore was already in his 30's, but claimed he always asked the parents permission. So all the creepy stuff Moore admitted to, as I understand it, was the stuff that wasn't a crime. The molestation allegations were never admitted to. Again, as far as I know.

TC;n3542065 said:
As I understood it, he had 2 women claiming he molested them when they were minors. A few more women came forward and said that they dated Roy Moore, but nothing happened other than a kiss or something, and they were all over the legal age of consent at the time. Which was 16 in Alabama, from what I heard, and Moore was already in his 30's, but claimed he always asked the parents permission. So all the creepy stuff Moore admitted to, as I understand it, was the stuff that wasn't a crime. The molestation allegations were never admitted to. Again, as far as I know.

I see, though in my mind legal != moral. While not a crime still fucking creepy and not someone I would vote for.

GOP dun goofed again. They should've replaced him ASAP but they decided to plant themselves firmly between a rock and a hard place: either become know as the party that supports an alleged diddler or lose a dark red state to the Democrats.

Roy Moore thinks that there is still a chance he has won and is making it clear that he is still in this to win it.

And the other shoe drops, but it maybe to little to late.

I thought they confirmed he lost tonight.

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." -Pericles

93Flareside;n3543151 said:
I thought they confirmed he lost tonight.

Yes, Jones was confirmed. I think Moore wants some more attention and to make Jones seem less than legit.

So here is something my friend brought up, Moore was not proven to have done anything illegal (16 is age of consent in AL) so his contention is that it shouldn't have affected the voting. My argument is that legal is not the same as moral and that everyone votes according to their own moral compass. Curious what you guys think on the subject.

I agree and, I think the majority of the country believes age of consent is generally 18 years. Anything less is wrong. Just because Alabama is 16 doesn't make it ok for the rest of us especially when we're much older should know better.. While it would be stupid to assume nothing happens between similar ages, there is an accusation that he had sex with a 14 year old while he was 32.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

[No message]

[No message]

So, after a suspected pedophile, a convicted criminal. GOP is really draining the swamp :lol:

:popcorn:

A very interesting video on Net Neutrality.

[video=youtube;8dY-g823g04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dY-g823g04[/video]

I agree with his last comment. We need something new. Let's stop using the current ISPs and support local ISPs.

It’s almost as if when removing (or to be more precise greatly reducing) a black market for something criminals no longer find it profitable to stay in that market

People are just far more chilled out when they can get a good buzz once in awhile. :p

There is also a correlation with reduced drunk driving.