Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

The only thing I know for sure is that he is quite anti-Israel so that gets him a good amount of hate, otherwise I also don't know of anything particularly heinous, aside from political differences.

He is something of a scapegoat in right-wing authoritarian Eastern Europe, not least because he supports several bastions of free thought in countries like Hungary. So perhaps some of the hatred that the likes of Orbán and Kaczyński feel for him has found its way across the pond?

Anyone have any thoughts on the former Russian spy being hit with a nerve agent while in the UK?

I guess that sums it up for most people.

Nah eff Nordics we should just go straight to command and control economy and "publically" owned everything.

Best part of his last point is that leftists 100% agree with it and STILL argue for expansion of government. I never quite understood how the two can be reconciled.

Last edited:
calvinhobbes;n3547388 said:
73.6% of all statistics are made up.

I can bet a lot of money that you didn't read the article if that's how you are responding. Thank you for adding to meaningful discussion.

prizrak;n3547389 said:
I can bet a lot of money that you didn't read the article if that's how you are responding.
I only made a point about your "leftists agree 100%" claim, a slightly humorous one even.

prizrak;n3547389 said:
Thank you for adding to meaningful discussion.
Likewise.

calvinhobbes;n3547392 said:
I only made a point about your "leftists agree 100%" claim, a slightly humorous one even.

Likewise.

Humor has failed you my friend. Also I didn't say 100% of leftists agree, but that leftists that do agree do so completely ;)

Paul Ryan just announced that he will not be running for reelection. He tried to make it all seem like it was a very noble thing, but he knew he could not win.

GRtak;n3548237 said:
Paul Ryan just announced that he will not be running for reelection. He tried to make it all seem like it was a very noble thing, but he knew he could not win.

According to Trump supporters, that's the swamp being drained and a big victory for Trump.

I'm sure Ryan will transition into a nice comfy lobbying job.

I listen to Sam Harris's podcast so I've heard him say those kinds of things, but I had no idea Acosta had blurted shit out like that.

So today the current german goverment will probably disband today after 4 months in office. Because the Secretary of the Interior thinks he can be part of the opposition, while also being a part of the government. He startet publically speaking against the chancellor when he took office in March and now (finally) Merkel seems to have had enough. Waiting this long to throw him out of office shows real weakness on Merkels side. Can't have one part of the government speaking against itself, that just can't happen. And she let it go on way too long. Any other leader in the world would have fired the guy back in March when he criticized the Chancellor. But Merkel takes 4 months, tries to even compromise with him - and he still publically threatens to leave (and take his party with him, leaving the government without mayority in Parliment). I imagine a Secretary challenging Trump like that ... he'd be fired in an instant. 13 years Merkel has been in office (in November) - this is the first time she's really shown weakness, not being able to keep (what is essentially) her staff in line