Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Huhne, Straw and the Baroness (Warsi?) aren't exactly lightweights. The first two especially. When Huhne started going on about the lack of tracking people coming into the country he almost started making the BNPs point for them.

I think the BBC has done the right thing in getting Nick Griffin on tv and allowing the public, the government and the other parties prove just how facist and evil the BNP are. There were several times i was cringing with fear at Griffins comments about indigenous british, his beliefs of the holocaust and immigration. There were several points where i became overwhelmingly proud of our democracy and the british public for working their way through Griffins smoke and mirrors. Particulary when he made his comments about the Klu Klux Klan not being all that bad, my blood froze.
Obviously Jack Straw and in essence the government faltered when the subject moved onto immigration and they just don't seem to grasp the public opinion on the matter. All 3 parties should have been united against the BNP and continued the assault. There were several times where i found myself thinking of the British Government depicted in the film "V for Vendetta". Also his holocaust denial and saying Hitler "went a bit too far" is just sick and no sane person should deny what happened at Auschwitz and all those places.
Bonnie Greer, the woman sitting next to Griffin is the real hero in the program. She earned tons of respect with me and how she handled Griffin. Calm, assuring and speaking with a intellectual approach she did more damage to Griffin than any of the parties. I also have to say that the audience handled Griffin well and they really ripped him and his policies apart. Each time he tried to explain himself both Greer and the Audience were there to provide the voice of sanity.
Like i said, the BBC did the right thing in doing this. The BNP will not just go away if we attempt to ignore them. The only way to beat this bunch of facist thugs is to prove just how evil they really are and treat them like the facist thugs they are.

Last edited:
For the UKers :

Question time.

Am I the only one cringing?

Watched the out takes on the BBC site, quite funny. He didn't go down well with the audience, that's for sure.

I think it's nice to see freedom of speech in action, beating down this type of crap is a lot easier if they can't make themselves out as heroes and martyrs, being repressed by the shoe of the "British Islamic Broadcasting Corporation".

I think the BBC has done the right thing in getting Nick Griffin on tv and allowing the public ...
I know politicians in the US say some utterly stupid things, but I think Griffin is on a whole other level. I can't imagine the shitstorm that would follow any major US politician saying the KKK isn't so bad, for instance.

The non-violent wing of the KKK no less. Presumably they set fire to crosses, but take fire extinguishers with them to clean up afterwards.

Griffin did about as well as could be expected of him. He did zing Jack Straw . "At least I don't have the blood of 800,000 dead Iraqis on my hands."

Actually, that little bit encapsulated him and the BNP in a nutshell. He was speaking well on Iraq ("We shouldn't be there, we should never have gone there, it is a complete mess, this Government has killed people and wasted money" and I'm there thinking "yep, have to agree with that" and then he loses the run of himself and says something like "Iraq is a sovereign country just like Britain is, and we are under attack from an invading foreign army called Islam" and I'm going "would you like me to reload the gun so you can shoot your other foot off?"

At the beginning, I found myself in the curious position of agreeing with what Straw was saying. Labour are pretty damn unpopular and (imo) unpleasant, but they're positively angelic compared to Griffin's lot.

At the beginning, I found myself in the curious position of agreeing with what Straw was saying. Labour are pretty damn unpopular and (imo) unpleasant, but they're positively angelic compared to Griffin's lot.

Same here, in fact i thought all 3 main parties did a good job at the beginning of the program in putting a good case forward and proving just how bigoted and facist they are. The only problem they really had was when the subject moved on to immigration, that was the only point in the program where i thought the parties really should have done better.
Also it proves how desperate Griffin will sink when he wants to prove a point where he was trying to compare his father to jack straws. that felt like the old schoolyard argument "my dad can beat up your dad..."

I found it pretty damn stupid of Griffin to bring up Straw's fathers time as a conciencous in WW2, while Griffin's father flew in the RAF.

Like it matters? You might inherit you dad's house. You don't inherit his glory..

Last edited:
From what I saw of the Question Time (I was very tired, quite drunk, and asleep for the majority of it), the BBC gave Griffin the rope by putting him on TV, and he used it.

Same here, in fact i thought all 3 main parties did a good job at the beginning of the program in putting a good case forward and proving just how bigoted and facist they are.

I agree with you here. And Bonnie Greer especially. And the audience for that matter. Just goes to show how ridiculous the BNP are, how much of a manipulative clown Nick Griffin is, and how strongly united people are, no matter their party, race or background, against this pool of hatred and bigotism. I don't think anyone could possibly consider voting for the BNP after that.

"Dick Griffin" LOL :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with you here. And Bonnie Greer especially. And the audience for that matter. Just goes to show how ridiculous the BNP are, how much of a manipulative clown Nick Griffin is, and how strongly united people are, no matter their party, race or background, against this pool of hatred and bigotism. I don't think anyone could possibly consider voting for the BNP after that.

"Dick Griffin" LOL :lol:

Problem is though, some people do still consider it. I was looking at facebook earlier and one of my mates (who is of mixed origin) said that while he thought Griffin was a pillock there were many things he agreed with about the BNP. Its people like this who need to know about all the facts in what they are considering voting for.

Apparently the latest is that Nick Griffin is to make a formal complaint about last nights Question time saying that he had faced a lynch mob. Also 240 complaints had been made that the program was biased against the BNP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8322322.stm

The BNP are beyond reason to me... one of their top guys (Not Griffin, but I can't remember his name) said rape isn't a crime, women like sex and rape is just sex, obviously paraphrasing here, but it'll be somewhere on the internet. I don't have the time or patience for people who say rape isn't one of the most devastating things that can happen to a woman or a man. Thinking about it makes me feel physically sick.

I think they were bang on about in the 30s and 40s it was Jews being attacked, then it was black people and now it's Muslims. The 'enemy' produced by these parties is always "other" and usually a minority. It's one community of people getting all tribal and attacking another community which looks or acts a bit different to them. Quite sad to say the human race has come so far.

People always look for a scapegoat and someone to finger all the blames of the world on rather than just saying "you know what, i screwed up. i'm sorry." if a lot more politicians could grow a spine and be willing to accept some of the blame then we'd probably have a far better democratic process than we do have.

This is cheering. The White House tried to block Fox News from taking part in a series of round robin interviews with Ken Feinberg, the executive pay czar. Fox has been part of the White House press poll since 1997 and the other networks in the pool ? NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN ? consulted and decided that this would not stand.

The message they passed back was that either everyone interviewed Feinberg or no one did. The White House relented and Fox?s Major Garrett ? whom the White House has made clear it views as an objective reporter ? conducted his interview just like everyone else.
[YOUTUBE]BlMILRyDRdM[/YOUTUBE]

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/t...stand-up-for-fox-news-white-house-backs-down/

It's hard to believe just how much the administration screwed up. Did they actually believe their "plan" would work? It seems just the opposite effect from what they were intending has started. Now even the liberal news networks are standing with Fox News.:lol:

It was a stupidly executed piece of stupid.

But who cares, as Hamsun wrote, in one hundered years, all is forgotten.

I :love: dutch journalists that kick ass in german press-conferences while the german journalists are just pussies.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWE8K2nRVs[/YOUTUBE]

[Rob Savelberg (De Telegraaf) asks Chancellor Merkel why she gives the position of secretary for finance to Mr Sch?uble who in the 90ies was involved in a donations scandal and rather conveniently "forgot" where 50000 Euro went that he recieved illegally for the party. Merkel just answers that "he has my trust - next question"]
Well done Dutchie!

Last edited:
Oh cock, this is a massive oh cock.

The U.S government comes in like our pimp, moves a few strings, Zelaya now is pretty much restittuted.

Better get used to this Socket 478 celeron for the next 50 years then.

Small wonder Texas wants to be free from those assholes, as a matter of fact what the hell is taking them so long.