Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

If anyone hasn't seen or heard, /r/the_donald (on Reddit) got quarantined today.
That place was maybe 10% interesting content, 5% stupid/violent/racist/etc garbage, and 85% reposts of memes. I never found it interesting enough to sub to (back when I used reddit). That said, idk why reddit couldn't just ban users that were posting violent crap or whatever. I also wonder if they're going to ban Antifa pages too or if it will be a double-standard just like on bookface and twitshitter.

One of my pet peeves is when people talk about some community that has a high rate of violence and specifically say "gun violence". Why does it matter what kind of violence is being perpetrated, si baseball bat violence somehow better?

One of my pet peeves is when people talk about some community that has a high rate of violence and specifically say "gun violence". Why does it matter what kind of violence is being perpetrated, si baseball bat violence somehow better?
Because guns are bad, mkay? We should aspire for our cities to be more like London... where they now have knife control.

Curious as to your guys' and gals' take on the below news story. IMO unless any of those statements fall into illegal categories (e.g. incitement of violence) there is no reason why the officers in question should be subjected to disciplinary action for their private views.
abc news said:
The Philadelphia police commissioner has suspended 17 officers for 30 days and is moving to fire 13 of them over social media posts he called "sickening.".

Police Commissioner Richard Ross made the announcement during a news conference Thursday attended by Philadelphia Mayor James Kenney and the entire police department's command staff.

The disciplinary action stems from research published by the watchdog group the Plain View Project, which examined more than 3,100 allegedly troubling Facebook posts made by 328 active Philadelphia police officers, 72 of whom were put on administrative duty.

Ross said an investigation by an outside law firm contracted by the city found that the officers being suspended allegedly made racist, transphobic and otherwise hateful posts.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/17-philadelphia-police-officers-suspended-social-media-posts/story?id=64419082

I'm guessing this was all a bunch of dumb jokes and not some sort of serious planning like "yeah brah, let's find some trannies to beat up!". The SJW army has completely killed humor. Still, pretty idiotic for public employees to post that kind of stuff online... pretty dumb for anyone, really.

Curious as to your guys' and gals' take on the below news story. IMO unless any of those statements fall into illegal categories (e.g. incitement of violence) there is no reason why the officers in question should be subjected to disciplinary action for their private views.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/17-philadelphia-police-officers-suspended-social-media-posts/story?id=64419082

From the article you posted.

The analysis revealed that at least 328 active-duty officers posted troubling content, including posts that celebrated acts of violence against Muslims, immigrants and black people accused of committing crimes. Some posts captured long, hate-filled exchanges that appeared to involve multiple officers, according to the database.

What would it take for you to see racism starts as a thought?

When they are encouraging violence, that is an action.

I'm guessing this was all a bunch of dumb jokes and not some sort of serious planning like "yeah brah, let's find some trannies to beat up!". The SJW army has completely killed humor. Still, pretty idiotic for public employees to post that kind of stuff online... pretty dumb for anyone, really.

So we can open up the Jewish jokes too?

So we can open up the Jewish jokes too?
Are you seriously suggesting that they've been "closed"? I've heard countless jokes about Jews and I've also come face-to-face with anti-Semitism plenty of times - there's a difference between the two, which is why I want to know exactly what these guys said before I pass judgement. Same goes for immigrant jokes and the (admittedly rare) jokes about my accent.

Guys, write me in for 2020, I’m just gonna send everyone to the gulags.

*Priuses/Brodozers and their drivers will be sacrificed in an active volcano on live TV

*Priuses/Brodozers and their drivers will be sacrificed in an active volcano on live TV
Priuses and Brodozers should be put into a gladiator arena together for a death match.

...I endorse this...'cept for the gulag bit. :p

Are you seriously suggesting that they've been "closed"? I've heard countless jokes about Jews and I've also come face-to-face with anti-Semitism plenty of times - there's a difference between the two, which is why I want to know exactly what these guys said before I pass judgement. Same goes for immigrant jokes and the (admittedly rare) jokes about my accent.

If it was a cop making posts that encouraged violence against Jews, you would be throwing a fit.